Catfight

Dinner with my family and telling them the news. Jennifer and Nathan were both equally excited.

Another brother or sister. I feel like I can breathe again. No more enemies trying to destroy what I have.

I'm practically glowing. My co-workers can see it on me. I'm finally at peace.

I sit at my desk on a call with my client. My office door opened and in came my assistant with...Janice?

I excused myself from the call placing the receiver back on the hook. Why is she here?

"I'm sorry Mrs. Downey, but this young lady insisted on speaking with you." said Sally my assistant.

"That's fine. You can go." I reply. I look at Janice motioning her to the chair in front of me. "Have a seat Janice."

Sally closes the door behind her. Janice continued to stand. Arms crossed against her chest. She seemed upset.

"Why don't you have a seat?" I ushered again.

"No, I think I'll stand." she replied.

She began to pace the in front of me. Tears streaming down her face. Janice's fist balled up.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"I hate the way I'm feeling right now!" she spat.

"I don't understand."

Janice leans over my desk. Her face nearly inches from my face. Her breathing is erratic.

"I'm in love with your husband."

My eyes widen. Oh my God! I never expected this girl was capable of love. She's such a cold person.

"Janice, why are telling me this?" I ask.

"Because, I don't know how to fight it! Robert is the only man who cared about me." she paused a moment finally sitting down.

"The way he held me in his arms. Listened to my problems. His passion when we had sex."

I held my hand up to stop her. I can't stand hearing about what these two once had.

"Spare me the details. Listen, Robert is a married to me. He loves me very much." I assure.

"You think I don't know that!" she exclaimed.

"I wish I could help you. But, I can't."
Janice stares up at me. Her lips in a hard line. Her baby blue's are unreadable.

"Well, I felt that you should know." she sighs getting up from the chair.

She stopped gripping the door knob in her hand.

"Thanks for nothing."

I flinch when she slammed the door. I lean back on my chair. Janice is in love with Robert.

Nice job, Robert!

~Nathan~

The bell rings and every student in class is gathering their things. Nathan follows behind.

He has a football game today. He leaves to suit up in the boys locker room.

He felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning around there stood Jennifer im her cheerleading outfit.

"Hey." she greets.

"What's up?" he mumbles.

"You okay?"

"Jen, I don't want to talk about it. Just leave me alone."

"You're upset. I can tell."

"Jennifer please. I'm not in the mood."

Nathan looks over her shoulder. Mark is standing by the bleachers. He placed his helmet on.

"Your boyfriends waiting for you."

Jennifer sighed to herself as he walked away. She looks over at Mark.

She jogs over to him smiling. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You are so beautiful in this uniform." said Mark.

"Thanks." she replied in a sad tone.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"My brother. He's upset about something."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Must be going through an issue."

"Yeah. It just worries me."

"I'm sure after the game. He won't remember."

"Burn off some steam. You're right."

During the game, Nathan's frustration are let out onto the field. While he rested on the bench.

He turned to look out upon the crowd. His parents wave at him smiling.

Nathan's eye soon met a young girl. A brown hair and blue eyed. She is smiling brightly at him.

He did the same. The coach blew his whistle calling Nathan back onto the field.

He puts his helmet back on. Running back onto the field. For the rest of the last quarter. Nathan was in the zone.

Raven's win the game. Earning the State Championship. Everyone runs out onto the field celebrating.

Once Nathan showered. He heads out to the parking lot. His buddy Anthony pulled up.

"Let's go party man! We're fucking champions!" he shouted.

The truck is filled with some of his teammates. Some on the back trunk.

He shakes his head climbing onto the back of the tailgate. He sit down next to his friends and off they went.

Anthony's house is filled with drunken teens. Music blared from the DJ. Colored lights flashing all over,

Nathan is dancing with the a few girls. Having as much fun possible. He later exits out to the back yard.

Suddenly two hands covered each eye. He smiled to himself. Wondering who it could be.

"Jewel is that you?" asked Nathan chuckling.

"No but my name does start with a 'J'. " whispered the mystery girl.

Nathan removed her hands turning around. It was the girl from the game.

"Wow. You look even better in person."

The girl blushes. Nathan stared at her from head to toe. Knee high leather boots, cut off shorts, and leather jacket.

The wore a black holter top. Her tight toned stomach is exposed. Diamond belly button ring shimmering in the light.

"Nice job out there on the field. You're very quick." said the girl.

"I do my best. So, are you going to tell me your name?" replied Nathan.

"I could. Since I already know your name."

"How come I've never saw you at school."

"Because, I don't go here."

"Which school?"

"North Ridge."

"Really?! My dad is a teacher there."

"Yeah, I know him. Mr. Downey?"

"Uh-huh. That's my dad."

The girl moves a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I have to go. Curfews calling." she sighed walking off.

Nathan quickly followed behind her. She is a fast walker. He can't let her leave without a name.

"Hey, can I least get your name?!" he called out to her.

She turns around with a smirk on those glossy lips.

"It's Janice." she answered.

***What do you think so far? Vote and comment please. By the way, I just released the first chapter to my new fanfic. Please check it out. It's called "The Homeless Heart"***