The Kiss of Life

The officer continues to perform CPR on Robert. He looks at his watch shaking his head. My heart sank into the pit of my stomach.

It's too late. I crawl over to Robert cradling him in my arms. Tears stream down my face. I'm numb all over. This isn't fair.

I look down at him. He just lays there peacefully. His face is cold. I don't know if I can move on without him.

Robert is my life. I think back on all the good times we had. Every kiss. Every hug. I lean down to place a lone kiss on his cold lips.

"I love you so much. No one will ever take your place in my heart." I whispered.

I hug him close. I soon feel movement in my arms. Then a loud gasp for air coming from Robert.

Those golden brown eyes of his opened. I start to freak out. His eyes met mine. I just look down at him in tears.

"Don't cry. It wasn't my time." said Robert.

I give him a tight embrace. I'm so happy he is alive. I kiss his lips softly. I help him stand up. He then tumbles.

The officers grab a hold of his arms. I notice he could walk on his right leg. Must have banged it up.

He looked out on the river. His eyes are all watery.

"I couldn't save him." said Robert.

"Honey, Liam is okay." I reply.

"You found him on the other side of the river?"

"No, he is at home. Someone brought him back before you left."

"She tricked me."

She? It was a woman who kidnapped my son. I couldn't believe it.

"Let me guess. Janice?" I ask.

"No. Julia Rowan." answered Robert.

"Rowan? Why does that last name sound familiar?" questioned Shana.

"Julia is Lacy's younger sister. She concocted this who revenge scheme on me."

"Is there any way we can find her?" asked one of the officers.

"No. But, I do remember the license plate to her car."

I smile at him. The ambulance is already there. Once we had made it back to the road. The paramedic push the stretcher toward us.

They help Robert on it. I hand Shana the keys to my car. While I rode to the hospital with Robert. I hold onto his hand.

A smile remained on his face. As he gazed into my eyes. I place a kiss on his hand.

"I thought I lost you." I sighed.

"I felt the same way. Without a goodbye." said Robert.

"Don't ever leave me again. I love you far too much."

"Never again. I don't want to live in heaven without my angel beside me."

I blush at him. He never fails in making me feel better. Such a romantic. Cheesy at times but, it's cute.

Robert managed to break his leg. They had to put a cast on him. Police took his statement and leave.

I take a marker writing I love you on it. Signing my name below it.

He brings me in for a kiss. His lips are soft to the touch. Tongue dancing against mine. My heart flutters. I love him so much.

Shana is standing outside waiting for us. Robert is being pushed by the nurse. I held onto his hand as we go out the front entrance.