Grandparents

I'm in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Robert is over at the table holding Liam. I fixed him a plate of food. Setting it in front of him.

I grab Liam laying him on his swing. I fix myself a plate and sit down to eat.

I hear the front door open. I froze to the sight of Janice standing next to Nathan. Why is she here?

"Mom, Dad. Before you go crazy on me let me explain." said Nathan.

"Explain more lies. No, son. I want her out of my house!" I snap.

"It's not lies I swear! If you would just listen!"

"She is a liar. She may have fooled you into believing but, not me."

"Why would she lie about your grand-daughter?!"

My eyes widen. Grand-daughter?! Janice was pregnant. This has to be a lie.

"You're lying." I said.

Nathan hands me the paper. I take it from him. Starting to read. It seems real.

"I was just as sceptical as you were mom. That's why I had a test done. She is my daughter." mentions Nathan.

Tears fall from my eyes. I wrap my arms around him. I'm a grandmother. I can't believe it. I pull away looking at Janice.

She just stands there holding on to Nathan's hand. She and I need to talk. But, alone.

I have to make sure she isn't using this to get near my husband. I motioned her to follow me. She comes willingly.

I close ghe door behind me in my study. I fold my arms against my chest.

"Do you love my son?" I ask.

She looks up at me. Her eyes are all watery. I watch as she wipe the tears away.

"You won't believe me if I said yes. I get it. I'm not the most honest person. I've caused nothing but, trouble."

I nod my head. She can say that again. Trying to seduce Robert and steal him from me.

"The truth is. Ever since, I had my daughter. I started to change the way I saw life. What I was before didn't matter. What mattered the most was my little girl." continues Janice.

I really want to believe her. But, actions speak louder than words. Janice needs to prove herself.

"I have to see to believe. Just know I will keep a close eye on you." I sighed.

"I understand." assured Janice.

I open the door allowing her to leave. She walks past me and over to Nathan. Wrapping her arms around his waist.

My son must be very forgiving. Aside from Janice and Robert sleeping together. I couldn't do it.

If he's willing to look past it. I can gradually get there. Make sure she isn't coming after Robert again.

Janice and Nathan leave to go pick up our grand-daughter. That way we could meet her.

I look over at Robert. He didn't appear bothered about all this. Then again he was always good at hiding it.

"Jennifer is engaged. Now, we have a grandkid." sighed Robert.

"You're not at all worried?" I asked.

"I'm always going to worry. Its my job."

"Yeah, I guess. I would just hate to see Nathan heart broken again."

"Me too. I'm keeping a close eye on her. If she makes a move on me. I'm telling Nathan."

I lay my head on the table. Groaning out loud. I'm enjoying this one bit.

Within an hour, Nathan and Janice are back. I see the baby carrier in his hand.

They sit down in front of us. Janice slowly takes out her baby girl. She places her in my arms.

"Her name is Sadie." said Janice.

I smile staring down at little Sadie. She must be the same age as Liam. A month old.

She looked like Nathan to the 'T'. My suspension of whether she's his are gone. I just know.

Robert smiles at me. I place a small kiss on Sadie's forehead. I love her already.

~Robert~

We decided to hold out a family cook out. To welcome our newest member of the family.

I'm over by the grill cooking up some burgers. Shana, Jennifer, and Mark are passing Sadie around. Gushing over how cute she is.

I smile to myself. I head into the house. I needed somemore aluminum foil.

I turn around and there stood Janice. I jumped suprised.

"Don't freak out. I only want to talk." said Janice.

"About what?" I ask.

"Letting you know that I'm over you."

"You don't say?!"

She rolled her eyes at my sarcasm. I can't help it. I'm guarded.

"I could care less if you believe me or not. I love Nathan. More than I ever thought I could love someone."

"I don't know if what you are saying is real. The only thing that matters. Is for my son to be happy. If its with you. I'm okay in knowing that."

"I really appreciate your honesty. I want to be happy too. Anyway, thanks for listening."

Janice walks away and out the back door. I step outside. She has her arms around my son's waist.

Nathan's eyes lite up as he stared down at Janice. She smiles back placing a kiss on his cheek.

Maybe she does love him. She looks as though she changed. Smiling a lot. I hope she meant what she said.

Once our cook out was over and everyone is back home. I walk into my room.

Lori is standing there by the mirror. Brushing her hair. She is in her silk.nigh gown.

I walk over to her. Placing my hands on her shoulders. I kiss away at her collar bone.

A smile grows on her lips. She turns around to face me. Placing her arms around my neck.

I press my lips against hers. Soft to the touch. Her tongue caresses mine. I run my fingers through her hair.

"I love you so much." I sigh looking into her eyes.

"I love you, more." said Lori with a smile.

I kiss her once more. Holding her close to me. I didn't think after all these years. I was able to keep her by me.

I feel like the luckiest man in the world. A beautiful family. I couldn't ask for a more perfect life.

***Forgive me if its boring. Next chapter is the last one. I might to do a spin off. I've gotten comments that you want to see some Mark and Jennifer. But, some don't like it when I stray from the main characters. So, if you want a spin off of this story involving only Mark and Jennifer. Let me know so i can plan it. Last chapter coming soon. Vote and comment please.***

***Also this is the picture of the next story that will come out. Its timed near the 1920's.***