All Grown Up

Weeks go by and things are getting somewhat serious between Janice and Nathan. Seeing my son so happy Robert and I don't have the heart to tell him.

Graduations is this Saturday. Robert has been busy with preparation at his school. While, I'm here deal with our kids.

Since I have Nathan by himself. Maybe I should take this time to talk with him. Hopefully, I don't slip up in an argument.

"Nathan, can we talk?" I ask him.

He nods his head going into the living room. I sit down next to him on the couch. Boy, how do I start this?

"Sweety, I've been wanting to ask you about Janice." I said.

"She's great isn't she? I invited her to the graduation party." replied Nathan.

"Has she been honesty with you?"

"Yeah. She use to be into older guys."

"Use too? What made her stop?"

"Some married jerk used her, filled her heart with false hope, and dumps her. Scum Bag."

That Scum Bag was you father.

"Do you think she is over him?" I ask nonchalantly.

Nathan furrows his eyebrows at me. Mouth agaped. It soon turns into a hard line.

"I don't believe it." He spits.

"Believe what?"

"You hate Janice."

"Nathan, no. I was just curious about. You know since you both have gotten so exclusive."

"For once in your life mom. Be honest with me. Tell me what you think of her!"

"Okay I will! You're right. I don't like Janice."

Nathan shaked his head in disapproval. Might as well get it out there.

"Why?!" he asked.

"Because she is a slut!" I answered.

"You don't even know her."

"I've heard enough from someone who knew her."

"Like who?!"

"Your father."

Oh shit!

"What the hell does he know?" asked Nathan suspiciously.

"He knows enough. But, either way now you understand why I don't like her." I replied.

I walk off real quick out of the room. If I stayed in there then I would have blurted it out.

~Robert~

Lori and I finished setting up the party. We load up in the car to go see our kids Graduation.

It seems like only yesterday I was changing their diapers. Teaching them how to ride a bike. Puberty.

Funny how time goes by. My kids are grown up. Well, at least I get to do it all over again.

I park the car near the Civic Center. Lori and I walk hand in hand toward the entrance. Damn this place is packed.

The civic center is filled with every family member to each student. My parents couldn't make it. But, Lori's folks are here.

We found them in the mountain of people. The ceremony began. I see both Nathan and Jennifer walk down the the aisle.

In their red cap and gown. Lori and I are tearing up. It became worse when they went on stage to get there diploma's.

I held my video camera the entire time. Beautiful moment in our lives. Jennifer waves in our direction. Then Nathan does the same.