Tricks

I haven't slept all night. Racking my brain as to who could be threatening us. I haven't told Lori about what I'm up to.

All day I am unfocused. The police said they would do all they can to find Liam. That didn't satisfy Lori.

It was 7:15. I leave out of the house unseen. I get into my car. The female kidnapper sent me her location.

I follow the GPS to the south bridge. I see a pair of headlights in the distance. I get out of the car walking toward the female.

The tall, slim brunette is standing there. Dressed in black and holding pointing a gun. I notice a baby carrier next to her.

I stand there with my hands up. I can hear the river below us. The currants are strong.

"I'm so glad you could make it. I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up." said the woman.

"I'm here now. Can I please have my son?" I pleaded.

"I make the rules. You shut up and listen!"

I look away. Nodding my head. She picks up the baby carrier. Setting it on the cement railing.

I flinch taking a step closer. My heart is pounding in my chest. Please don't fall off.

"Do you have any idea? How long I've wanted to get my revenge on you?" said the woman.

"I don't know. I have no fucking clue who you are!" I snap.

"Of course you don't. You are a murder!"

"I didn't kill anyone!"

"Yes you did! You killed my sister!"

I stood there taken aback of what she said. Her sister?

"My name is Julia Rowan."

My eyes widen when she said her last name. Rowan. Oh my God!

"That's right. I'm Lacy's younger sister."

"It was accident. I was protect my students from her rage. You must not have been told the truth." I explain.

"You took the only person! Who ever loved me! I was left alone. Bouncing back and forth from foster home to foster home."

I watch walk toward the baby carrier. Placing one hand on it. I feel my heart jump.

"I swore on my sister's grave. That I would find you and take away the person most precious to you."

Julia starts to push the carrier toward the river. I step up closer freaking out.

"N-No please! Don't hurt my son! Kill me instead!" I shout in fear.

"Say good bye to your little boy!" cried Julia.

She gives the carrier a push and it plummets down into the river. I climb over the railing. Jumping into the river.

~Lori~

After dinner, which I couldn't eat. I head into my bedroom. I sit down ony bed.

The suspense of Liam being gone. Was really taking a toll on me. I miss him so much.

I suddenly hear a faint cry. A baby cry. I get up walking into the hallway.

The cyr gets louder as I walk toward the nursery. I open the door going inside.

The window is open and the curtains are floating in the breeze. I step toward the crib.

There laid my son swaddled up amd.crying. I must be dreaming. I pick him up in my arms.

Hold him close. Tears falling from my eyes. I call out to Shana. She comes into the room.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming." I cried.

Shana is just as shocked as me. I sit down on the rocking chair. Holding Liam close.

Shana reaches into the crib. Pulling out a piece of paper. She reads it. Her eyes soon widens.

"Where is Robert?" she asked.

"I don't know." I reply.

"You might want to read this."

I take the paper reading it.

"I have returned your son safe and sound. Don't be alarmed if your husband never comes back. A life for a.life. My revenge is complete."

No! This can't be happening. I look over at the clock. 8:20 PM. I ask Shana to call the police.

I try calling Robert's cellphone. It goes straight to voicemail. I'm feeling a sharp pain in my chest.

Something's gone wrong. I get up from the chair. I knock on Jennifer's door.

I hand her Liam. She starts freaking out. Holding him close.

"Jen, I have to go find your father. Keep an eye on your brother okay. Call me if your father shows up." I said.

"Okay." replies Jennifer.

I ran downstairs. Me and Shana get into the car. Where could he be?

I keep calling his cellphone. Goes straight to voicemail. I'm getting more and more worried.

Hours past and no sign of Robert. I drive out to North Ridge. Just as we were going to cross the south bridge.
Robert's car is parked on the side. Shana and I pull over. We both get out running toward it.

I open the door. No one is inside. I hear a beeping noise coming from inside.

Shana pulls me away from the car fast. I'm being dragged away to the other side of the road.

An loud explosion goes off behind us. We both get pushed down to the ground.

We roll into the ditch. I groan outloud. Ears ringing. Holy shit!

"You okay Shana?!" I call out.

"Yeah. That was close." replied Shana.

She and I climb out of the ditch. Robert's car is in flames. Shana calls the police.

They arrive just in time. Fire fighters put out the flames. The crime scene unit canvas the area.

"We got something!" exclaims on of them.

I rush over to the bridge. There is a dirty shoe print on the concrete railing.

"I think someone jumped."

The police shine the light down. In one of the tree branches is a blanket. A baby blanket.

"Okay, we need to do a search on the river. Maybe the body brushed up on shore. Let's hope he survived." said the chief officer.

Tears fall down my eyes. Please be alive, Robert. Shana hugs me tight. Whoever did this tricked him into jumping in.

I keep getting this bad feeling. That he won't be found. I need to have faith they will find him.

Shana and I follow the police on the search. The currant of the river was going east. The officer spit up.

Robert will either be on our side or the right of us. It's one in the morning and no sigh of him.

I then see one of the officers take off near the river. They must have found him.

I break through the crowd. I hear them dispatch the other team.

"We found him."

My heart drops when I seen Robert. An officer is performing CPR. I try to go near him but, the cops wouldn't let me.

"NOOO!" I scream.

Shana is in tears next to me. I fall to my knees crying. I felt as if my heart is ripped from chest.

"ROBERT! SAVE HIM PLEASE!"

***Don't kill me! Hate to leave you on a cliffhanger. But, I had too. Will they be able to revive Robert? Or is it too late? Vote and comment please. New update soon.***