The First Strike

~One Month Later~

Class is over and all the students exit the room. Jennifer is gathering up her thing into her book bag.

Mark walks over to her slowly. Jennifer smiled to herself as she felt his strong arms around her.

"Hello, beautiful." said Mark.

"Hey, let go. Someone will see us." snap Jennifer.

"I don't care. Ever since you walked in today. I just wanted to hold you."

"Me too. But, I care enough about your job not to risk it."

Jennifer moves away from Mark's embrace. She takes her book bag giving one last smile.

She heads down the hallway toward her locker. She places her books inside. Nathan sneaks up beside her,

Jennifer jumps when he tickled her side. She immediately punch him in his arm. Nathan begins laughing.

"You little jerk!" exclaimed Jennifer.

"Hey, I'm not little anymore." said Nathan.

"To me you are. It sucks that you're never home anymore."

"If you only knew why."

"I heard. Dad cheated on mom with another woman."

"Is that what they told you?!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Dad, didn't cheat on mom with a woman. But, a student from his school."

Jennifer's jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what she had heard. Her dad hooked up with a student.

But, why? How could he do that to her mother. She needed to know the truth. Her father will definitely tell her.

Jennifer closes the her locker door shut. She storms off to her next class. For the rest of the day. The news clouded her mind.

Classes ended and Jennifer walked straight home. She opens the front door to see Shana on the couch, Maybe she knows something.

"Hey, Jen. How was school?" asked Shana.

Jennifer slumps down on the couch. Her mind is racing. Unsure of what ask. She turned to face Shana on the couch.

"I have a question to ask you. I need you to be 100% honest with me." replied Jennifer.

"Ask away."

"Is it true my dad cheated on mom. With one of his students?"

Shana is taken back by what she said. She is unsure whether to answer the question.

"Um..." muttered Shana.

"Aunt Shana, please tell me the truth." pleas Jennifer.

"Sweetheart, I don't understand why you are so concerned."

"Because I need to understand. I don't know if I should be angry with my dad."

"You have no reason to be angry. I know I shouldn't be telling you this. But, your father met your mother when she was 17 years old."

Jennifer's eyes widen. Her parent's never fully explained how they came to fall in love. It just happened.

"Wait, I don't understand."

"It's a little complicated. It is just like you and Mark. Sometimes you can't help what the heart wants."

"Why did he have to go and slept with some young girl?"