Open House

I lay there in bed staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't get Janice's out of my head. Her slow seductive walk, long flowing brown hair, and those smooth tanned legs.

Gorgeous round eyes and pouty pink lips. Her body is out of this world. Dammit! Stop thinking about Janice! It's like she had a spell over me.

She is one manipulative snake who gives me hell. I hate this. I turn over on my side. Lori is fast asleep. I smile at her.

Lori is so beautiful. I love the way she snores. It's loud but, cute. How she scrunches her nose to avoid a sneeze.

I brush my finger across her cheek. Her eyes opened slowly. She looks at him funny. I just laid there watching her rub her eyes.

"Why are you still awake?" she asked.

"I couldn't sleep." I replied.

"Mm, I don't know about you. I'm going back to sleep. Night."

"Good night. I love you."

"Love you, too."

I scoot over close to Lori. I wrap my arm around her waist. She moves my arm.

"Oh, babe don't do that. I'm still hurting from today at work." said Lori.

I roll over to my other side upset. I really want to just hold her. I hate her job. Is she even trying to change her schedule around.

The very next morning I get into my car. Driving all the way to North Ridge. The thought of even seeing going to work today weighted on my mind.

I have to deal with Janice today. I honestly welcome her being absent today. Rest assure she is here. I noticed my office door is open.

Janice is taking out my trash. I chuckled to myself as I placed my shoulder bag on the desk. I take a sip of my mocha frappe.

I ignored her as she cleaned my office. I then notice her get mad while dusting my shelves. The books tumble to the floor.

"Fuck!" she exclaimed.

I heard her sniffling as she placed the books back. Is she crying? I have no idea what possessed me to feel concerned.

"Janice, what's wrong?" I asked walking toward her.

"It's nothing!"

I can hear the weakness in her voice. She is crying. I kneel down to her helping her up. She shoves me aside.

I see her wipe the tears away. I step up to Janice slowly. I lift her chin up to see the sadness in her eyes.

"Doesn't look like nothing. Talk to me." I asked concerned.

"How about you go fuck yourself?!" snapped Janice.

"Cussing me out isn't going to make you feel better."

"To me it is. Just leave me alone!"

"I will if you tell me why you're crying."

Janice folded her arms in front of her. She was trying to hide her tears. She starts sobbing covering her face.

The good person I am I bring her in for a hug. She hugged me back while crying. I wonder what's bothering her.

"I hate my life." wept Janice against my chest.

"Why?" I asked.

"My parents are getting a divorce and it's all my fault."

"No. No. Janice don't you dare feel guilty."