XXXVI: Plea!

This is not a hallucination! Yes, you are reading the new update even I wasn't expecting to post it today but since y'all waited for so long I did it. Please forgive me for the mistakes and a cringey chapter ahead 😶

****

"I'm back Amour," Athena flinched in surprise when she heard his honey coated voice, adding more guilt to her sorrowful heart. She was afraid of what he might do when he get's to know about this, even though this was just a misunderstanding and no one is to blame for.

Her pleading eyes travelled over to his parents for a fleeting second before looking at him, Zephyr halted when he saw the two familiar faces which were seated with her. Eyes widening for a millisecond, and his lips curled up realizing who they were.

"Mom, Dad!" Zephyr's steps quickened as he went towards them, he quickly wrapped his arms around his dad and turned to give a hug to his mother when she let out a scoff, rejecting his hug which made him frown but he decided to let it slide as he knows what might be the reason .

He was happy about their arrival but was concerned about how they might've reacted seeing Athena, as he still didn't tell them that he had a girl in his life. His eyes wandered over to her, a small taking over his lips when she smiled at him.

He then focused his gaze towards his parents "Aren't you guys supposed to be in Switzerland?"

"When were you planning to tell this young man?" Brie demanded folding her arms, her grey eyes showing displeasure over the fact that he hid this from them.

Zephyr remained unaffected by his mother's question and managed to keep a straight face "I was about to tell you very soon,"

Felling the tension in the air, Athena decided to plot her escape as she stood up "I'll go bring something to drink,"

"Thank you dear," Brie smiled warmly at her and soon her poker face took over as she glanced over to Zephyr. Athena walked away slowly glancing at Ray who was trying hard to not smile looking at the mother and son duo who might start an argument any soon.

Brie rolled her eyes in response and pointed a finger at Zephyr "If we wouldn't have decided to give you a surprise visit, we would've never know about this," her voice rose an octave, her face stern and unforgiving that slightly managed to crumple his tough façade.

He let out a sigh, slumping his shoulders in defeat "I'm sorry mother," He apologized bowing his head lightly, he knew not to anger her further as he's the one who's at fault here. Raylan who was keeping silence all the while decided to speak, "It's alright son, we can understand you wanted to keep it a secret for a while,"

Zephyr raised his eyes in surprised "Aren't you both angry at me?"

Brie exhaled a breath and held his forearms while looking up into his eyes "We are but how long can that go Zephyr?" she questioned then her lips curled up "Since you found someone as lovely as Athena we'll let it slide,"

Zephyr sighed in relief and hugged his mother, this time she hugged him back "You almost gave me a heart attack,"

Brie chuckle and pat his back "I should be the one saying that," the underlying meaning went un noticed by him as he continued to smile and pulled away "I'll quickly change and come back,"

He excused himself leaving the room, soon after Athena entered carrying a tray of drinks, watching Zephyr go upstairs. When he was out of sight she turned towards them with a pleading look "Please don't tell him right now, I'll do it myself," she requested, freighted about what he might do when he gets to know about this mess. She wanted some time to mentally prepare herself to face the storm.