XXVIII: I Missed this!

Athena

I was busy packing my stuff as there's only two days left before I left for France. After putting the last pair of my clothes I close the suitcase and place it inside the closet and walked over to the bed, letting my body fall freely over it. I moan in content as the fluffy bed engulfed me.

Zephyr's been more cheerful and all smiles since we returned from cold springs, he talked to me but for some reason he seemed to be lost somewhere. However I'm glad he's alright now. I want to shower all my love over him and let him know I'm here to love him. I wished I could meet Sariah and thank her for being with him when others treated him badly.

Raising my head tiredly off the pillow I look at the clock. It was half past four in the evening. I groan tiredly, I have to go to my house now. I want to see them but my lazy as isn't helping me to get up. After a battle between my brain and my laziness, I got up from the bed and managed take a bath and got changed into some nice clothes.

I tell Jo that I'm leaving and hail a taxi, heading towards my house. On the way I sent a message to Zephyr telling where I was going knowing he'll throw a fit if he finds out I left without informing him.

Reaching the place I pay the driver and climb out of the car walking towards the massive pathway leading to the mansion. It took my nearly ten minutes to reach the main door, damn why is my house so massive?

I take a few minutes to catch my breath before ringing the door bell. The swung open and I was attacked by my sister "Athi!!" she squeal joyfully. I laugh and hug her back "Oh my little Alex!"

We chuckle and pull away with wide grins on our faces. She holds my hand and drags me inside, "Mom!" Alex hollers as she takes me to the living room.

"Sheesh! be quite you dumbass!" I hear Adrian's voice yell from upstairs.

"You're lucky you are not standing right in front of me!" Alex shouts annoyedly rolling her eyes and grumbles something under her breath. I laugh out again, their bickering's will never not be funny.

I hear the sound of door closing and when I looked to my right I found dad standing there. my palms immediately became sweaty. He gazes at me in surprise for a second, I saw guilt and hurt flash in his eyes.

"Hey dad!" I say lowly giving him a tight lipped smile. To my surprise he smile back at me, it was my turn to be shocked. He smiled, I can't believe it!

"How are you Athena?" he asks softly, my jaw drops and I blink few times. Am I hallucinating?

"I..I'm fine dad!" I stutter out as I was still astonished.

"Good to know!" he grins and pats my head, something which he did when he's happy because of me. Alex giggles and says she's got something important to do.

"Y..your not angry with me?" I ask, staring at him in confusion.

"I should be the one asking that dear, please don't hate this old man. I'm sorry for not listening to you, I'm a terrible father."

"No dad don't say that. You're not a terrible dad don't you ever call yourself that." I rebuke in disbelief, I can't believe my words hurt him that much that he'd think he's a terrible father. I regret my actions, It was a low blow from my side. "But you hate me right?"

"Never!" I whisper into his chest, "I could never hate you, I was being a brat I shouldn't have said those words that day, I'm sorry if it hurt you." a tear rolled down my cheek forming a wet patch on his grey shirt. "Oh my little princess!" he sighs moving my head up to meet my eyes "I'm so glad to hear that. Please forgive your old man!"