XI: My passion!

Athena

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you runaway from your house?"

I stiffened when I heard his question, I was expecting him to ask that but I felt myself become nervous, he deserved to know it, I shouldn't hide anything from him. I swallowed nervously and pulled away to look at him.

"There are many thing's you don't know about me Zephyr!" I whispered, tracing my finger on his jawline absentmindedly.

He tipped my chin and gazed into my eyes "Then tell me more about you Athena!" His voice held slight desperation.

I slowly climbed off him and ambled towards the balcony and stood there gazing at the sky, the orangish hue of the setting sun reflected on the windows of the skyscrapers. The sight was beautiful to see. I felt his presence beside me, exhaling a breath, I began "I never planned to work in your company!"

I could feel his eyes on me now, I took his silence as a response to continue "I hate doing corporate jobs but I was in need of money. I want to become a pastry chef, That's my dream job, one day I want to start my own bakery and spread the joy and love through sweet treats. However, My parents never understood my passion, my whole life I've being doing what they wanted and not what I wanted. They never even asked me, they just told me to do it and I did."

I gripped the railing tightly as I thought back on how I was treated like a puppet.

"Everything's got a limit right? and I reached my breaking point and I knew it was now or never, I decided to runaway and came to France to join the culinary arts college but it seemed like life doesn't go just the way you want. My dad froze my account and I don't have money to pay my fees so I went in search for jobs and I ended up working for you." I purposely avoided the marriage topic, I didn't want to say that now. Mostly I don't know how he'd react to it and what he'll do when he gets to know I'm a billionaire's daughter.

I finished and turned my head to glance at him, a frown was etched between his brows as he stared ahead with a faraway look. "That's saddening!" he muttered glancing at me, his caring gaze brought solace in me.

I gave him a tightlipped smile and went back to staring ahead. The red ball of fire was slowly vanishing between the buildings and the sky slowly turned a darker shade of purple. Here goes another day!

"Do you want to leave this job?" I was startled when he questioned out of the blue.

Of course I want to leave this job that was my plan right? then why am I having second thoughts? Is it because I don't want to stay away from him? I pondered on his question for a while before answering "I would've happily left this job few weeks ago but now I can't leave you."

I felt his palm on my hand, clasping it gently and I stared at our intertwined hand before looking at him, those glimmering greens peered into my brown ones with such intensity that I almost shivered "You don't have to think about me, It was me who forced you into working as my PA, I apologise for doing that. It was very immature of me and I only wanted to take my revenge but look what you did to me Ma Cherie. I can't think of a single moment without you nevertheless I can't hold you back for my selfish reasons Athena. I want you to be free and do what you've wanted."

Tears prickled my eyes again at his sincere words, I didn't expect him to actually let me free. I thought he'd be those possessive guys who'd want to keep their girlfriend beside them 24/7.