XXXI: Blood Bath

"Rhea!"

"Rhea I'm back!" He called out again receiving the same silence as answer. His brows pulled together as he thought, deciding to go to her room and see where she is. As he reached the room, he found the door ajar, pushing the door wide open his eyes scanned her room while calling out her name. "Sariah!"

Still not receiving a response, his heart started beating rapidly he was about to turn around and go search the rest of the house when he saw a small glow coming from the bathroom.

He knocked on the door, waiting for a response "Rhea are you in there?"

He frown in confusion, why wasn't she answering? He held the brass door knob twisting it and was surprised that the door opened, he then slowly peeped inside, the color drained from his face as he saw his sister lying inside the bathtub unconscious.

"SARIAH!" He immediately rushed inside, he almost fainted looking at the sight ahead, it was horrible. She was drenched in blood, her white clothes turned bloody, her smooth milky skin looked sickeningly pale.

"NO!" Zephyr screamed terrified, his eyes tearing up and he immediately picked he up in his arms, she was stone cold but he could feel her slowing heartbeat. "No Sariah wake up!" he pleaded as he removed his tie wrapping it around the wound in her wrist, it looked like she cut her vein. "Why would you do this?" his eyes burned with tears.

Without wasting a minute and not caring about his bloody appearance he rushed to the garage, taking his car, he drove fast to the nearby hospital. She was quickly taken to the ICU and he waited outside, leaning against the cold hospital tiles with his head casted down as he stared at his arms covered in her blood. He clenched his fists tightly and turned around punching the wall taking his anger and frustration.

"Why did I have to leave? I should've been with her." "Or else she wouldn't be in this condition."

"Sir stop it, you'll hurt yourself." A nurse who saw him tried to stop him from hurting himself, but he wasn't listing and continued to punch. He was feral and menacing, a single person couldn't control him so many people came in aid, grabbing him and taken him to a nearby room. "Let me go! Leave me!"

The doctor took a sedative and jabbed it into Zephyr's arm which succeeded in calming him down and he soon fell unconscious.

"Let me go!" Zephyr woke up from the nightmare with a jolt, sweat drenched his shirt and his heart raced uncontrollably almost trying to escape. He breathed in heavily as he tried to calm himself down. These nightmares haunted him since the last five years but after meeting Athena it surprisingly stopped and now that she wasn't beside him these monsters started coming back.

After visibly calming down, he took the nearby jug of water and gulped in the contents quickly, the cold water went down his parched throat yet it did nothing to calm his nerves. Placing the jug back he clutched his head crying out in frustration. He hoped he can forget the dreadful image of his sister covered in her blood, lying cold.

"I'm sorry sir we couldn't save your sister."

"She lost a lot of blood and it also seemed like she had an overdose of sleeping pills."

"There was nothing we could've done to save her sir."

"Aargh!" he screamed and got up from the bed, throwing the glass jug onto the floor watching it shatter into a thousand pieces. He strode to the end of the hallway to the room which witnessed all his sadness and anger. Without wasting a second he started taking out his anger, it was uncontrollable and nobody could tame him.