XXXVII: Vanish!

Athena

"Please listen to me," I pleaded silently, as tears rolled down my cheeks. He didn't come back, he didn't want to listen to me.

"Athena!"

Who's calling me?

I looked around but I didn't see anyone.

"Athena wake up!"

What?

"Wake up Cherie,"

The place around me started turning dark and I soon found myself panicking. What is happening? My eye shot open and I gasped loudly.

It was a nightmare!

"Oh thank goodness you woke up," I hear the voice and look to my side, finding Zephyr kneeling beside me looking at me with worry. I sat up straight on the sofa "Zephyr?" I frowned, and then scanned around me, I was wearing the same clothes as I wore the night before. I took a glance at the digital clock and noticed it was half past eight.

I rubbed my forehead in thought, I guess I slept off while waiting for him.

I looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," I whisper, meeting his concerned gaze. "I didn't realise I slept," I say with a chuckle which seemed to make him relax. "I can see that," he smirked, "Whatever," I roll my eyes and get up.

"You go change, I'll get the dinner ready,"

"Okay amour," he pecked my lips and walked away, while I let out a sigh, this means I have to talk about it to him. I decided I'll present this matter to him tomorrow as I still wasn't able to recover from the dream I saw. It felt so real that I was still having goosebumps over my skin.

The next day as usual I went to college and while coming back I decided to meet up with Ruby in a café. Although we talk over phone everyday, I still haven't told anything about this matter to her. I wait near the corner table, holding my warm cup of cappuccino as I gazed faraway in thought.

"Hey Babe!" I hear a cheerful voice, looking up I smile brightly "Ruby!" I got up to hug her, "Gosh, it's been long since we last saw each other," She spoke dramatically while squeezing me tightly.

"It has only been few weeks Ruby," I chuckle as I pull away, gazing at her pouting face,

"Still it's long for me,"

"Yeah," I nod and we sit down. "Okay so what's the matter? I know you won't call me here without a reason," Her brown eyes watch me in seriousness, I took a deep breath and spoke "You're right Ruby, I need to talk to you about something." I watch her brows pull together "I'm in a huge mess right now and I'm terrified,"

"What happed Athi?"

"It's about Zephyr,"

"What about him? Did he hurt you? Did he cheat on you? Does he want to break up?" she started shooting questions after questions not giving me a chance to speak. Fianlly I raise my hand and clamp my hand on her mouth while giving her a stern look "No Ruby, it's nothing like that and I'm not sure if that won't happen in the near future,"

She pulled my hand away and I sat back down, "Stop beating around bush gurl, your making me anxious!"

"Well you know that I was supposed to get married last year?"

"Yes, and I'm glad you didn't listen to your parents, but how is that related to your mess?"

I bit my lip, giving her a helpless look "The person whom I was supposed to marry is Zephyr," Her eyes widened in astonishment and to my surprise she started laughing. I sat there silently, watching my bestie laugh her ass off while I was hoping I'd get some kind of an advice from her.