XXI: Regrets!

(Unedited) First draft!

"Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing."

Athena

"Good morning Everyone!" I greet everyone as I walk into the Kitchen, Mom and Martha looked at me giving me their kind smile. Alex looked up from her plate of pancakes and grinned at me "Morning Athi!"

And the boys didn't even spare me a glance as the stuffed their mouth with pancakes and fruits. These boys! I sighed and rolled my eyes at their behavior. I walked past them making sure to hit the back of their head and sat on the seat beside Alex's.

"Hey what was that for?" Asher whines with a from rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah" Ashton joined him.

"For ignoring your dearest sister!" I chide with an eye roll.

"It's not out fault that the food is hypnotizing us to look at it." One of them groaned.

I laughed at their silly excuse, "Here you go." Martha places a plate of fresh pancakes and I thank her in return. I quickly take a bite and moan in delight, within seconds I finished the plate, I was hungry and I didn't have anything last night. Speaking of which, I didn't see dad today.

"Umm.. where is dad?" I ask, the room turned silent for a second. "He's in his office upstairs." Alex says boredly looking up at me.

"Ohh." I know he didn't come down knowing I'll be there. "I'm done, did dad have breakfast?" I get up from my seat and walk over to the sink placing my plate.

"No!"

I glance at mom and say "Then I'll give it to him."

"Are you sure?" she asked in doubt, I shouldn't cower away from my father, I need to talk to him.

"Yes."

I took the tray of breakfast and headed towards the office which was in the first floor. I knocked on the huge mahogany doors, hearing a reply I quickly composed my self and opened the door before walking in. Dad was engrossed in some file and looked up to see who it was. His eyes turned cold when he noticed me.

"What are you doing in my office?" he questioned angrily, I clenched my jaw in irritation calm down Athena.

"I brought breakfast for you." I say with a smile. He narrowed his eyes and let out a scoff.

"I don't need your breakfast." my smile fell, and a frown formed on my face.

"Dad don't take your anger on food It's not polite."

"And it's polite for you to runaway from your own house?" he yelled incredulously, his eyes flaming in rage. "What's worse than the shame I had to face knowing my daughter ran away."

"I had no choice!" I screamed, while my fists clenched beside me.

"What choice?" he gritted narrowing his eyes, "I've given you everything a girl would dream of and you still defied me."

I was taken aback!

"But I've never asked for those things dad, I never even wanted it. Was forcing me into a marriage with a stranger a payment for all you've given me? How could you stoop so low dad, instead of buying me stuff have you even asked what I actually wanted? what do I actually like? You never tried to understand me father, you've only looked into your side. Only care about yourself and your reputation." I was fuming by now, he had a look of surprise and his eyes showed hurt.