XXVI: I'm Leaving!

Not edited.....

Zephyr

I groaned in pain and tried to move my body to find a comfortable position to sleep. My head was pounding heavily and my neck felt stiff. What is happening to me? I tried to open my eyes but it felt heavily, after painfully struggle I managed to open it and found myself amidst a completely wrecked room. My eyes widened, I did this again! I glanced at through the window, it was still dark outside but could see the sky turning orange and purple indicting the sun rise.

I clutched my head tightly moaning in pain when an immense migraine hit me. Damn it! I got drunk last night and wrecked this room like I do every year on this day. I tried to recall if I've done anything else, realisation hit me like a cold splash of water on my face. Athena was here!

Oh Lord did I do something that'd hurt her? I got up from the chair, my body ached but I didn't care about it, I need to check on Athena. Gosh, she might've been scared to death seeing me in this condition.

Fuck!

Taking help of the nearby wall I dragged myself to our bedroom. I opened the door and stepped in, I glanced at the bed finding it empty. Where is she? My heart started racing uncontrollably as various possibilities of her leaving me crossed my mind. My throat constricted in pain, Oh no I did it again! I hurt her.

I was about to walk away when suddenly I heard soft breathing, that's when I realized someone sleeping on the couch. I immediately walked towards it, relief washed over me when I saw Athena sleeping peacefully. Thank you God!

I fell onto my knees and rest my head over the cushion while staring at her, the way I reacted last night came to my mind. I promised I'll control my anger but I broke it! I wasn't in my right mind, I couldn't think properly and the alcohol wasn't helping either. All I wanted to do was numb the pain in my chest, the burning agony and regret of not able to save her was eating me up and Athena came in between. God why did you come there love? I could've hurt you!

I raise my hand to caresses her cheeks, I notice the dried tear stain adding more dread to my already crushed heart. I'm sorry amour please don't hate me.

Athena

I felt the warmth over my face, slowly opening my eyes I squinted at the bright sunlight falling over me. I shielded my face with the back of my hand and tried to get up but felt something heavy over my stomach. I looked down and shrieked when I saw an arm, That's when I noticed zephyr leaning on the couch and was asleep.

When did he come here? I frowned

I stroked his hair and slowly removed his hand before climbing off the couch. I took my blanket and wrapped it around him and stared at him for a while. What happed to you Zeph? Why do you push me away whenever your troubled? I wish I could help you!

I place a kiss on his forehead and left to take bath. I stripped and stood under the shower letting the warm water cascade down my skin. It was soothing and I sighed deeply. I don't know what might've happened to him, maybe I'll find my answers from that room.

I finish my morning routines and placed some Advil and a glass of water for him before I went to check on that room while Zephyr is still asleep. The door was open so I went inside. The room was in total shambles yet I could could make out this used to be a small office or maybe a library because of the amount of books scattered over the place.