XXIV: Well Wisher!

Zephyr

"No, You don't have to call them, If they aren't interested it's their loss." I state dismissively at my Secretary Troy. He's in his late thirties and is a very efficient employee of mine.

He nodded his head "Yes sir" and walked out of my cabin.

Being away from New York for almost a year really put me behind, although Emma was excellent in taking care of the matters, Everting has to go through me for the final touch. What's even worse is now I have to fly over various states and check all of my branches. It'll take quite sometime to get all of this done. Which means there's no going to Paris in the near future.

How will Athena react to this? Man I can't always trouble her, I need to find a new assistant. Not that Athena isn't good at her job but I need to save her from the work stress.

I sighed and leaned my head on the chair, a smiled formed on my lips as I recalled what happed today morning.

I opened my eyes and was met with the gorgeous sight of my love sleeping so soundly. Her head nestled on my chest, arms around my torso while I held her closer to me. A smile broke on my face and I raised my hand to move some of the tendrils of her hair away from her face before tucking it behind her ear. I ran my fingers lightly over her smooth cheeks .Damn it's so soft.

Each day when I wake up, having her in my arms is such a relief, knowing I have someone to love and cherish. I never dreamed or wished for love or maybe sometimes but my hope died down as each year passed. I turned into a ruthless and cold man that everyone feared even my Athena.

I didn't choose be a ruthless man, life made me into one. People aren't bad, it's the circumstances that make them one but it's the same circumstances that'll turn them into a good person. Meeting Athena was one such moment in my life, I couldn't believe it myself how I've become.

I admire her for sometime before getting up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. After washing up, I tied a towel around my waist and got out. My eyes automatically landed on Athena who was gawking at me without realising I was watching her, I smirked.

Her eyes widened in panic and she quickly closed it pretending to sleep. I raised an eyebrow in amusement, oh mi amore want's to hide huh! I mentally chuckled at her cuteness.

God, I wanted to do so many sinful things to her right there but I had to curb my libido. Not the right time Zephyr, slow steps. don't freak her out.

It's been years since I had sex, I wasn't turned on by women neither did I find any of them attractive, okay maybe few but not as much as Athena. That woman is a temptress even without realising, it's her innocence that makes her even more sexier.

Damn, it's hard for me to survive when she walks around wearing only my shirt. Maybe I made a mistake by asking her to wear it around me, I might ravish her like a beast if this continues.

How would it feel when I'm in her? No Zephyr don't go there.

Yet! my conscience added.

Fuck! My loins tightened by the thought of making her mine.

I shook my head, think something disgusting puke, snot, rotten egg..

This seemed to work, I sighed in relief. Damn what am I going to do at this rate?

I wonder what she might be doing right now. I'm glad at least she won't be bored because Jo is there to give her company. I've known Jo since I was a little kid, she's a kind and lovely lady. Back home she took care of me and I was closer to her more than mom and Dad but when I turned fourteen she left the house due to personal reasons. I was sad for sometime but recovered. After ten years I met her again when I went to Atlanta for a business meeting. At first she couldn't believe it was me. Later I got to know her children went on their ways leaving her alone.