III. Home!

Athena

I stepped outside the plane, the chilly wind blew making me shiver and I wrapped my arms around me to contain the warmth of my body. It's almost midnight, the sky was dark and starless. My eyes wearily roamed around the place as I descended the stairs.

I'm home!

I can't believe I'm back after almost three months. My eyes swelled with tears which I quickly blinked away, I shouldn't draw any attention.

"C'mon Babe!" Zephyr placed his hand in the small of my back as he guided me to the black Range Rover parked ahead. He opened the door and I got in, followed by him. He quickly engaged himself making calls while I leaned my head against the cold window, glancing at the moving buildings outside. My heart clenched as I recalled travelling through these bright lit streets with my sister and mum a few months ago. God, I didn't know how much I missed this until know.

We drove towards upper east side of Manhattan and stopped in front of a skyscraper. I climbed out and followed Zephyr into the building. The guards did a slight bow when they saw Zephyr, he nodded his head in response and walked in. HIs strides were large so I had to sprint to catch up to him.

"Are we gonna stay here?" I asked walking beside him. He glanced at me with a small smile, "yes, I own a penthouse here." He stated as if it's the most normal thing. Of course he owns a penthouse, he's a billionaire for God's sake.

He held my hand and we stepped into the lift. He pressed the fortieth floor and I watched as the silver buttons turn red as we crossed the floors. The steel doors opened and I'm met with a hallway which had only had a tall oak door. I watched him type the password and scanned his finger print on the the automatic lock and the door clicked open.

He tugged me inside, a bright smile framed his face as he glanced at me. I scanned the place and I was left speechless looking at the view in front of me. This was a duplex penthouse and I had only one word to describe it. huge. It had staggeringly high ceilings with pendant chandeliers and floor to ceiling bay windows giving me the panoramic view of the stunning skyline ahead. The whole place was ventilated and brightly lit.

I expected a dark themed house but what I saw was the complete opposite. The whole place was screaming glamour and luxury. The furniture's were in all shades of crème and brown. The white marbled floor was so clean that I can see my reflection on it. There was an open concept kitchen joining the living room. A glass staircase spiraled from the corner of the room leading to the top floor. It almost looked like as if it's floating. Wow!

I heard him close the door behind and walk up to be and wrapped his warm arms around me as he rested his chin on my shoulder, I leaned into him enjoying the comfort of being in his arms "Do you like it?" he asked.

"This place is magnificent Zephyr!" I reply enthusiastically, my eyes wandering around like a kid in candy store.

"Thanks" he replied with a laugh as he placed a chaste kiss on my hair. He pulled away and intertwined his hand in mine as he gazed at me lovingly. My heart was fluttering uncontrollably when I saw his smile and twinkling eyes. "I'll show you the master bedroom."

He lead us upstairs and opened the first door to the right before walking us in. As expected, even this room was classy yet modern.