Chapter 26

Sergeant Daniels.

"How did they find us?" I whispered at Nate.

He looks down at his feet.

Great.

"I forgot the bathroom light was on." He whispered.

Staring at him straight in the eyes.

"Come out!" Sergeant Daniels yells, knocking at the door.

"Kai, what's happened to the mirror?" Nate asks.

Looking back at the mirror, it's completely black.

I remembered reading about Black Mirrors, but I can't remember what it was.

Could it be?

"Fire!"

That's our cue.

Bullets started to fly through the doors and windows, leaving pieces of glass to fly everywhere through the air.

Grabbing Nate by his shoulders and tossing him in the mirror.

It's a gateway... or a portal.

I jumped into the mirror only to be met with darkness.

"Nate!" 

"Over here." I turned to follow his voice only to see two white eyes looking at me.

"Fuck! How many times do I have to tell you not to do that? " I scolded him.

"That's not me, Kai." Nate says, turning on his flashlight.

He shines the light on his face.

"If you're there, then who is this?" asking him while pointing to my right.

He slowly shines the light to where I'm pointing.

He gasps and the flashlight started to shake.

I turned my head to my right, revealing a creature.

Not a nice creature, but a rather dangerous one.

It's wearing a deer skull with pieces of flesh still on it, with a large set antlers coming out from the side of his head. Its body is covered in brown fur and the creature is extremely skinny.

How ironic.

Looking at its body, I see it's hunched over.

The creature that has long fingers with even longer talons and its long legs looks similar to the ones of a deer.

If it couldn't get any uglier, it has a stretched-out tail of bones with spikes on it.

Looking back at the antlers, I noticed little dreamcatchers hanging from them, as well as small stones tied with string...and witch symbols.

Shit. 

"Kai wh-"

"Shhh!" shushing him immediately.

"Let's slowly move out of this cave, okay." Whispering and slowly explaining to Nate the plan,

All the creature does is let out a huff after hearing me.

I rub my fingers together, which ignites a small flame hovering above my fingers.

In return, the creature purrs and turns his head on its side, focused on my every move.

At a slow pace, I walk towards Nate and take his wrist so we can leave this cave.

"Keep your light focused on it until we're out of this cave." telling Nate what to do.