Chapter 13

He's laughing.

Vdarr is laughing at me like I'm the biggest joke to ever happen.

"Atlantis is a myth, it isn't real." He continues to laugh.

He is really starting to piss me off.

"That's what people said about the Soldiers of Nature, and here we are." I finish and snatch my book out of Vidarr's hands.

Something catches my eye as I'm paging through the book. I come to a halt. at the page that caught my eye. It is a portrait of a lady.

She is extremely beautiful with chocolate brown hair and green eyes. She is wearing a yellow gown, and there are yellow flowers in her braided hair. She is sitting and holding a sunflower in her hands.

Looking closer at the picture, she is wearing a necklace with the 'hunter's seal' on it.

At the bottom of the page, there is a name written on it; Hanneli  Stredom.

She looks familiar.

Where have I seen that face?

I looked up from the book only to see Vídarr talking with a cup of coffee in his hand.

Looking closer at him, his hair is also chocolate brown. His eyes are partly green. They both have the same nose and ears. The same with the chin. What am I thinking? That can't be true, right?

He did say that his mother was a soldier and that he was about 900 years old and that Hanneli died about 800 years ago.

She died because of a hybrid bite, and Vidarr is half Demon and half Soldier of Nature, which makes him a hybrid.

But he said that his mother died because of childbirth, unless he lied.

"She looks familiar." I say, holding the book open for him to look at.

Looking at his emotionless eyes, they slowly started to turn yellow. It looks like he is ready to burst.

"How about we talk outside?" He says this before standing up and leading us to the quad.

Reaching the quad, he turns around and looks at the ground.

"Yes, she is my mother." He said defeated.

"Did you kill her?" is all I ask.

He looks at me. Both his eyes are normal, a mixture of green and brown.

"Yes, I killed her." She wasn't who everybody thought she was; she was nothing but a fake. I bit her, knowing it would kill her no matter what. She-" He pauses for a few seconds after continuing.

"She is the one who started it. She hated being a healer and was not like the others who could bend the elements or fly. She wanted power, so she convinced the humans to help her. She wanted more, so she summoned a demon, my father. With his help, they convinced the Shadow Creatures and the humans to work together. " He says

"That created the War of Light." I finished his sentence.

"So, you bite her when you find out the truth." He, in return, nods.

"After that, my sire took me with him to the Bad Place. I only spent about a hundred years before I escaped." He mumbles.

"Back at the Demon Twins' place, why did you tell me to be careful of them?" I urge him to answer.

The only thing I get in return is a deep animalistic growl.

Taking a few steps back, I look at Vidarr's eyes, which are now a golden yellow.