Chapter 25

"Kai, I have someone I would like you to meet." Vídarr announces.

He waves me over to follow him.

I stand up from my bed that is  is covered in books, notes, and manuscripts.

I leave my room, which is located in the north wing of the castle.

Following Vídarr, we walk straight down the corridor and the stairs until we reach the courtyard.

Kids are running around while others are either cleaning their weapons or their busy training.

There in the middle of the courtyard, Madam Elizabeth and Alpha Kingston stood while to a man whose back was turned towards us.

Looking closer at the figure, he is taller than Alpha Kingston and is bigger built than him as well.

"Kai, I would like you to meet Azriel." 

Hearing his name, the man, or should I say the Yeti, turns around.

He looks at me like he is investigating something.

"I never thought I would see another true blood; my name is Dracon Azriel Goldheart." He introduced himself.

I said the first thing that popped into my head.

"What the fuck are they feeding you?"

I fucking hate myself.

I look up at this...this lamppost.

How is it even possible to be this massive?

Shock is written all over his face.

Looking closer at him, I noticed his eyes were emerald green with a hint of gold.

Vídarr nudges my arm.

Oh yeah, the introduction

"I am Kai Silwer." I say this in a low voice.

Azriel crossed his arms and opened his mouth.

"If I didn't know who or what you were, I would've ripped your heart out for disrespecting a King." He says, glaring at me.

"Say what now?" I ask, barely above a whisper.

"But I must say you are really shorter than I expectedyou to be." He comments.

"I'm not short you asshole. You look like a lamppost, and let me guess, there isn't even a car on the planet big enough for your giant ass." I shot back and immediately regretted my words.

It's official. I'm dead.

Azriel takes a deep breath in and exhales slowly. As he's doing that, there is literally smoke coming out of his nostrils as he exhales.

I am going to die aren't?

Someone chuckles, looking at where it's coming from. Azriel's chuckle burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm just messing with you, Kai, although I've never heard that one before. That takes the cherry on top. " He tries to reply while he laughs.