You didn't tell me that

-Dakotas POV-

"You're so much taller than I imagined," My grandma said walking over to Luke. 

I could tell he had no idea what he was supposed to say to that. 

"Where's grandpa?" I asked looking around. 

"I'm right here," he announced walking through the back door. "There's the man I was waiting to see." 

He walked over to Luke and patted his shoulder. 

"You're one tall boy, how old are you again?" He asked. 

"I'm 17 sir," Luke replied. 

"You have the build of one of those NFL players," He pointed to the TV which had some football game on. 

"Thank you, sir, I actually play football too." 

"I can tell," he squeezed Luke's arm muscle nodding in approval. 

"So how was the drive from where were you again?" My grandma turned towards me. 

"We were in Rhode Island." 

"Now why in the world would you be in Rhode Island!" My grandpa exclaimed.

"Luke had a college visit pop," I laughed. 

"Oh for football?" He said with an excited shocked look. 

Luke nodded smiling. 

"So you're gonna go pro and make all the money. Your family won't have to worry about money ever." My grandma brought up. 

"That's the plan, I'm taking care of Dakota forever," He said wrapping his arms around me. 

"What's goin' on in here?" Another voice bellowed from the doorway. 

I turned my head to see who it was, "Hello." 

It was my uncle Mike and Tommy as well as my aunt Rebecca and Bailey. I introduced them all to Luke one by one. 

"We just talked to your parents and sister, they said you guys were in here." Uncle Mike said.

"You found us," I said sarcastically putting my hands up. 

Aunt Rebecca looked up at Luke, "You're a lot taller than I imagined."

"That's what I said," my grandpa hollered pointing at her.

A few of my cousins that I actually knew walked through the door. 

"Hey Kota," one of the boys said. 

"Hi Mikey," I smiled giving him a hug. 

There were 6 people standing in front of me and Luke. 

"Luke this is Adam, April, Kay, Mikey..." I pointed to each person going down the line. "... and you already met Robert and Jack." 

They all said hello to Luke and the boys started talking about something related to sports.

"Wanna go in the basement?" Kay asked us all. "It's kinda loud in here." 

We all agreed and weaved through everyone in the family room to get down to the basement. Their basement was used as a game room, you could tell it was a man cave at one point because there was a full bar and all these neon signs everywhere. But I assumed once kids were in this house it was used for entertainment purposes. The boys turned the games on the multiple TVs that were all over the walls, and the best part was Luke was already hanging around the other boys. I took a sigh of relief knowing that he was getting more comfortable and that my cousins were including him.