Lipstick

-Still Lukes POV- 

We were out on the hike for a couple of hours, and we were both starving by the end of it. 

"Can we pleaseeee find a coffee shop," Dakota begged as we got closer to the car. 

"Dakota I don't know where any coffee shops are." 

"We can just drive in town and find one, it'll be fun and I bet there's food there." 

"Ok let's go find one," I gave in turning the car on. 

"Yayyyyy," She did a little dance in her seat. 

I drove into a small town by the trail we were at, Dakota's eyes were glued on watching everything we drove past and she made sure to name all the buildings we went by.

"There's a toy store," She pointed. "And a bagel shop." 

I kept my eyes on the road occasionally looking at the buildings. 

"There's a fire station." 

"Ooh, a hallmark store." 

"A dentist."

"Ooh, Luke there's a coffee shop." 

"Do you wanna go there?" I asked.

"Yea it looks good." 

There was a spot right in front of the shop that I pulled into, Dakota grabbed onto my hand and we both walked into the small cafe. 

"It smells good in here," She whispered looking around. 

"It's making me starving," I said looking over at the menu, "What are you going to get." 

"A croissant and a coffee." 

"Hot or Iced coffee?"

"Iced." 

"Good choice." 

Dakota had to recite to me her coffee order a couple of times so I could be sure I got it right. While I ordered our food she went to pick us out a table in the restaurant. 

"This is a cool little corner," I nodded looking at some plants hanging from the ceiling. 

"It's nice and cozy."

I placed our food down before taking a seat across from her.

"So how was your day?" I inquired. 

She examined my face to see if I was being serious, "Um well I woke up, my boyfriend was snoring so I went downstairs. Then I started to do a puzzle with my grandpa and then my boyfriend kidnapped me and violently threw me onto my bed." 

"Your boyfriend sounds like a horrible person," I said sarcastically. 

"How did you know?" 

"Hey you silly goose, I'm the best," I pouted. 

"I know I was just kidding, you're the best boyfriend I've ever had." 

"The only boyfriend," I mumbled under my breath. 

She gave me a fake smile, "No need to come for me like that." 

"It's ok, you'll never get your heart broken by a boy now." 

"You have a point there," She pointed a fork at me. 

We continued eating and drinking while talking about random stuff, I noticed Dakota kept scratching her neck and it was starting to turn red. 

"Are you good?" 

"There's this thing on my neck and it's bugging me." 

"Did something bite you?"