Randy the giraffe

When we all got back to the room Molly sat on one of the beds turning on the hotel TV.

"Hey, guys how was it?" Mrs. Walters asked.

"Dakota got groped by a pirate," Molly blurted.

Mrs. Walters looked at me shocked, all I did was nod to stop myself from laughing.

"A pirate?" She asked.

"Yea it was a homeless man in a pirate costume," I started laughing.

Mrs. Walter's eyebrows raised and I saw a smile form on her face.

"Well the shower is calling your name I'm guessing."

I nodded very quickly, "The showers screaming my name, which bathroom should I use?"

"You kids can have that room," She said pointing.

I nodded and walked towards the bathroom.

"Need help?" Luke asked coming in after me.

"Nice try," I smiled.

"C'monnn I know you do."

I shook my head no and went through my bag picking out some comfortable clothes.

"I'll be back," I flashed him a smile before locking myself in the bathroom.

I took a fairly quick shower, I made sure I scrubbed my skin extra well before getting out.

"Finally," Luke said when I walked out.

"I gotta run downstairs and buy a bottle of water, wanna go with me?" I asked looking for my wallet.

"Is that even a question? Of course, I'm going."

"Ok ok sheesh Mr. Attitude, I didn't wanna force you."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not letting you go down there alone," He kissed me all over my face as I pulled my wallet out.

"Mom we are gonna go get some water from downstairs, do you need anything?"

"No sweetie we are fine."

I was already out the door before Luke had his shoes on.

"So how was your day?" He asked as we walked into the elevator.

I looked at him and laughed.

"What I'm just asking."

"Luke I was with you all day."

"I know but what if your day was bad?"

"How could my day be bad?"

"Maybe you stubbed your toe on the plane and didn't say anything, or you could have choked on the water earlier, maybe a bug got in your mouth."

"Those are oddly specific."

"It's just kinda what I thought of, but I'll take it as you had a good day."

"Yes, I had a very good day."

When we got into the lobby it looked like a cheer competition, with girls in sparkly sports bras and spandex everywhere. It smelt like Victoria's secret store and sounded like a concert.

I just kept walking towards the gift shop with Luke behind me.

"There are so many people out there," He exhaled once we got into the store.

"I know, it's super loud."

I went to the back and grabbed a big water bottle. We weren't in the shop for long, once I paid for the water we were back out in the lobby.