First sip

-Dakotas POV-

I woke up a few minutes later to the doorbell. 

I groaned as I heard the doorbell, "That felt like two seconds."

"Only thirty minutes," Luke said swiveling around in his game chair. "We don't have to go downstairs, you do have a broken foot." 

"No no we have to go, it is responsible," I sat up and swung my legs over the bed. 

Luke turned back to his game and turned it off, "We are going now?" 

"No no, let me go and change." 

I hopped over to where my crutches were waiting and made my way over to my room. 

"Ya know I could have just carried you," Luke said walking alongside me in the hallway. 

"Luke what," I laughed, "I didn't even hear you." 

"Good, I've gotten better," he walked ahead of me opening the door. 

I entered the familiar room and went over to the closet, I was a little overheated but I couldn't bear showing my arm scars today. I didn't ever want to tell anyone but I knew I should tell Luke, I just didn't know how to gain the courage. Grabbing a low-cut long-sleeve shirt from my closet I hobbled my way into the bathroom while Luke sat on my phone in bed. 

"Babe can you please get my hairbrush from my backpack," I called out while quickly changing my top. 

Luke left the room momentarily and came back with the brush, beginning to comb through my hair without saying a word. I decided to apply some makeup while he gently combed my hair, the both of us moving around in a comfortable silence. 

"What's that?" He asked as I put on my highlight. 

"It's highlight, it makes me glowy," I rubbed my brush on his nose leaving a little bit behind. 

He looked at himself in the mirror moving his head in different directions to see it glow in the light. After he had had enough fun he wiped it off with a towel leaving the bathroom with me behind, 

"Okay let's go," I huffed putting a singular sock and shoe on. 

Luke looked at me laughing, "I remember using crutches, they suck." 

"Yeah, I'm now learning that." 

Luke picked me up with one hand and grabbed my crutches with the other one. 

"Much easier," He said as we walked down the stairs. 

"Thanks," I quietly pouted feeling like a dog. 

Once we were downstairs I realized pretty much the entire baseball team was here, or at least the ones that Luke knew. The backdoor was open and people were coming in and out as they pleased, people were swimming and playing with some yard games that were in the backyard. I was sitting on the kitchen stools while Luke was looking for a snack in the fridge. 

"Hey guys," Tyler said walking from the downstairs bathroom in his swim trunks. "How's the foot Dak?" 

"Broken," I sighed. 

He looked down at it, "Still?" 

"I rebroke it," I said a little embarrassed. 

"That is awful," He chuckled "Got anything good back there Luke?" 

Luke turned around eating grapes right off the vine, "Want one?" 

Tyler walked over and grabbed his own vine before walking out.

I spun around in the chair watching everyone having fun outside, it made me hyperaware of my foot that was stuck in a hard cast. I couldn't move my ankle, crack my toes, or itch my foot even if I wanted to.