Sounds like a good plan

I shove Jace to the ground.

"C'mon, man! I thought I could trust you but I walk in here with you all over my girl!" I yell. 

'She technically isn't my girl yet.'

"Luke she's so hot." He slurred.

With that, he runs over to Dakota and tries to take her dress off. He got it half off until I shoved him off her and started beating him.

"What the hell man!! Get your hands off her!" I scream at him.

I pick Dakota up bridal style and carry her to my car. She's starting to wake up, I see her dart her head up and look around to figure out where she is. I could tell she realized what just happened, I watched as her head hung down and she was trying to cut her wrists with her nail.

"Hey don't do that," I say while grabbing her hand with my free hand. She looks up at me with glossy eyes that showed she wanted to cry.

"I remember everything," She says.

We finally arrive at her house, she gets into her house in a rush.

I run into her house and into her room where I find her franticly looking through her bathroom drawers.

"I don't think so." I go over to her and pick her up. "What are you looking for?" I ask her.

She doesn't respond.

"Can I get dressed?" She asks.

"Yes you can," I respond.

"Get out," She tells me.

"I'm not leaving, I'll turn around but I'm not getting out."

"Fine turn around then," she tells me.

I do as I'm told and turn around, after about 3 minutes she tells me I can turn back around. I see her sitting on her bed looking through her phone, she clicks on a message and her whole face changes. 

<Dakotas POV>

'Hey, baby this is Jace ;) I'm glad I could have some alone time tonight. Hopefully next time we could get a little more serious.'

The thought of this makes me sick, I run over to the bathroom and I throw up. Luke quickly runs over to me and holds my hair and rubs my back.

"Dakota, did you drink tonight?" He asks me

I nod my head no.

"How come you are throwing up?" He questions.

I get up feeling a little dizzy, Luke helps me walk over to my bed. I unlock my phone and show him the text. His face automatically turns sour and he looks like he's about to punch something.

"Luke," I call his name, I'm feeling extremely dizzy I think it's because my dad is coming home tomorrow, along with the events of tonight. 

He doesn't respond.

"Luke I feel dizzy" I could barely get those words out of my mouth before I collapsed on the ground.

<Lukes POV>

Dakota shows me the message Jace had sent her which caused her to barf. And then I just spaced out.

"Luke." I hear Dakota say

I don't respond.

"Luke I feel dizzy"

I immediately snap out of my trace and see Dakota on the floor.

"Dakota what's wrong," I say as I pick her up, put her on the bed, and lay next to her.

"I-I'm scared" she replies

"Why are you scared I'm here to protect you."

"My dad comes home tomorrow that means you have to leave and I'll be all alone again." She's starting to cry as she's thinking about her dad.

I had no idea how to respond to this, she was right her dad was gonna come home and everything would be back to normal. If she got a nightmare I wouldn't be there to help her, if she cut herself again I wouldn't be there to stop the bleeding, I wouldn't be able to keep her protected. I kept thinking about her being beaten by her father and I didn't even realize I started to cry. She wiped away my tears and dug her head into my chest, I slowly stroked her hair and tried to get her to relax. Soon enough she was asleep and my shirt was soaked with her tears again, so I carefully sat up took it off, and laid back down. I wrapped my arm around Dakota and put my chin on her head and drifted off to sleep.

<Dakotas POV>

I fell asleep in Luke's arms. And at some point in the night, I had a nightmare this time about my dad.

~Dakotas dream~

I was late coming home today because of a school project, oh I was going to get it tonight. I slip into the house being very quiet, but I wasn't quiet enough my dad emerged from the shadows and yanks me to the ground.

"You are just a mistake, you know that!!" he screams while kicking me in the ribs.

"You should have never been born!"

"Please stop your hurting me," I say he's now beating me with a baseball bat.

"Please dad stop it that hurts!" I shout.

~End of dream~

<Lukes POV>

I wake up to Dakota yelling.

"Please dad stop it that hurts!"

'What could he be doing, is he raping her, is he beating her?' I had a million questions in my head.

I quickly stop thinking and pull Dakota closer to me.

"Hey calm down it's ok he isn't hurting you."

She wakes up frightened and tries to squirm away obviously not knowing who I am.

"Hey, Hey calm down it's just me, Luke," I whisper in her ear.

I can feel her heart beating fast but it starts to calm down once she realizes where she is. Dakota looks up at me with tired eyes.

"Sorry," She says.

'Why is this girl always apologizing?'

"Hey, no need to apologize I'm glad I can be here to comfort you."

"Yea well only for the night you have to go back home tomorrow" she mutters while looking down at the pillow.

I pull her chin up so she is facing me.

"It's going to be ok, if you get another nightmare just text me I'll call you and talk until you fall asleep," I tell her

"But if my dad hears he will kill me," she says back.

"He doesn't need to hear, keep your phone on silent and if you get scared of anything just tell me to call you, you don't even need to talk I'll do all the talking until you feel better. Does that sound like a good plan?"

"Yea it sounds pretty good to me." She says.

When I pull her into me again I feel that her heartbeat has drastically calmed down. I was finally able to fall asleep myself once I was sure she was all the way knocked out.