Bad news

<Still Lukes POV>

I get a text from Dakota right after my mom leaves my room.

'Luke I want you to promise me one thing.'

'Yes, anything name it.'

'Please don't text me until I text you ok? This is very important.'

Wait what's going on?

'Ok?'

'Oh god, I'm scared he's coming back up the stairs with something just remember your promise ok. Don't text back.'

<Dakotas POV>

I get home and see my dad's car in the driveway.

"Fuckkkk I'm screwed, "I whined as I walked down the sidewalk.

I walk inside my house and just my luck my dad is just waiting for me.

"Dakota I want you to do one thing for me...K," He says through gritted teeth.

"Go to your room and wait there for me... can do you that." Again talking through his teeth.

I nod my head and rush into my room I pull out my phone and start to text Luke.

I hid my phone in the desk drawer and wait for my dad to come into my room. My hands are shaking and I feel nauseous.

'Oh god, what's about to happen.' I hear glass break downstairs and cabinets slam. Then footsteps approach my door. It bursts open and my dad has a knife in one hand with a broken piece of glass and a baseball bat in the other.

'Oh my god, I'm going to die.'

"Dakota, do you know what it feels like to be hungry?" My dad asks

'Yes, I do you don't ever feed me.'

I don't respond.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION NOW ANSWER. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE HUNGRY!"

I shake my head indicating no.

"Well let me show you." He slid his knife multiple times across my stomach and up my chest, then hitting me multiple times with the baseball bat.

I cry out in pain. "Ya, it doesn't feel so good, huh."

I shake my head indicating no.

"CAN YOU NOT TALK" He screams at me reeking of alcohol.

"N-no it doesn't feel good." I stutter.

"Now do you know how it feels to have a hangover and not have a glass of water and aspirin waiting for you on the counter when you wake up!!" He says popping the 'p' and spit flying everywhere.

"No, I don't," I say now laying in a pool of my own blood.

"Well, today is your lucky day."

He grabs the glass and drags it across my skin creating cuts right on my hairline, causing blood to drip down my face. He tells me he'll be back and to stay put.

My dad walks back into the room with a pretty large container with something in it.

"Dakota now you know what being hungry and what having a hangover feels like but now you get to experience what it's like to have an annoying daughter that isn't good for anything ...ok"

I nod my head wishing this could be over.

"I SAID OK"

"O-ok" I managed to croak out of my dry throat.

He then pours the liquid all over my body and I quickly know what it is. Rubbing alcohol. I scream and cry in pain begging for him to stop, but like always he doesn't listen. My dad finally leaves my room and yells he's going to the bar before slamming the door behind him. I hear his loud truck start up and drive away, I reach into my desk pull out my phone and call Luke.