Leave

Luke and I do our same morning routine, wake up, get ready, and go to school. But when we got to school Luke seemed different, he was more fidgety and looked nervous so I just decided to keep my distance. He didn't try to talk to me at all today it was very strange, as I'm standing at my locker I feel someone come up next to me and get my attention.

"Um hi my name is Sage and I'm new here do you want to be friends?" She looked up at me.

I decided I could use a couple of friends so I responded. " Yea sure my name is Dakota do you want to sit with me at lunch?"

"That would be great let's go."

I hung out with Sage all day we learned stuff about each other like she was kicked out of her old school for fighting. I only really told her about Luke and we were apparently "best friends" now. But I liked having someone I could talk to, I finally didn't feel like a loser eating lunch alone.

 But I liked having someone I could talk to, I finally didn't feel like a loser eating lunch alone

^Sage

The school finally ends and Sage gets on her bus to go home, we learned that we live on the same block but I would rather walk than take the bus. I walk back into the building and head to my locker to exchange some school books and head outside of school. Kids were lingering around school waiting for their ride or hanging out with friends, but two people caught my eye. Isabella and Luke.

"I fucking knew it," I mutter to myself, they were practically sucking each other's faces off. Isabella saw me and flipped me off, apparently the movement distracted Luke and he looked up to see what was going on, his eyes met with my glossy ones for a second before I took off towards my house. Luke tried calling my name and my phone but I ignored it and kept walking.

I entered my house not caring about my dad I stormed up into my room and slammed my door, running over to my bed and just sobbing.

"How could I have been so stupid."

"I knew it I knew he didn't care about me."

"He just played me," I yelled in between sobs.

My crying was cut short by my father.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!" He screams.

"I was at a friend's house," I respond irritated.

He didn't respond he just slapped me across the face. I didn't react since I'm used to the pain, but he didn't like me not reacting. He went crazy dragged me off my bed and slammed me on the floor slapping, kicking, and punching me until I was practically begging for him to stop.

"Get out of my house!" He says in a growl/whisper tone.

"W-what?" I question.

"YOU HEARD ME YOU ARE NEVER HOME ANYWAY SO UNTIL YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS FAMILY JUST LEAVE!" He is now yelling so loud I think the whole neighborhood can hear.

I grab my school backpack and my phone and walk out the front door. I head down the street noticing Luke's light is still on and I see him in the window.

"Déjà vu" I mutter and I keep walking down the street.

<Luke's POV>

I have no idea what just happened. First I'm walking to meet Dakota at her locker and the next thing I know I'm making out with Isabella. And to make matters worse Dakota saw, I look at her and try to chase after her but nothing works I call her multiple times, and still nothing. So I go home and sit in my room, not long after I hear yelling coming from her house I take a glance out my window and see Dakota walking down the street.

"Maybe she's just cooling off" I decide not to follow her and just give her some space.

<Dakotas POV>

I make my way to a bus stop and hop on a bus that takes me to a small beach town outside of my hometown. I've been here a few times before when I need to cool off, my aunt has multiple houses and she lets me stay at this one at any time. She doesn't know my dad beats me I just tell her he really gets on my nerves sometimes so she gave me the key to this place. 

^the house (Dakotas aunt is rich btw)

I enter the house and I immediately feel safe and so much more relaxed. 

-1 week later-

<Lukes POV>

It's been a week and Dakota has not shown up for school she won't answer her phone and it doesn't look like she's home either. I've driven around everywhere trying to look for her but I just don't know where she ran off to.

'God I miss Dakota,'

'I never got to explain what happened with Isabella'

'This is all my fault I should have been a man and followed her and explained what happened' I'm thinking at lunch.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when an unfamiliar girl shows up in front of me.

"Luke we need to talk." She says leading me out of the lunch room.

<Sage's POV>

My best friend Dakota hasn't shown up for school for a whole week, so I confronted Luke and asked if he knew.

"Where the hell is Dakota, "I say a little impatient.

"Who are you?" He questions

"I'm Sage her best friend."I confidently tell him.

He chuckles a little bit. "She actually talks to you?" He looks a little shocked.

"Well ya duh we are best friends for a week and one day, now where the hell is she," I demand.

"Ok whatever you say I have no idea where she is I've been trying to find out myself," He tells me.

"What did you do to her to make her upset!" I yell.

He tells me about the whole incident with her, Isabella, and him.

"Wait she has a phone?" I ask.

"Yea why?"

She looks at me like I was stupid, "Use find my iPhone dummy it'll track her exact location." 

I'm finally feeling hope on finding her.

Luke and I dash out of the school, he programs her phone and we drive to her location. It takes about 2 hours but soon we are met by a beautiful huge beach house.

"Oh, my god." Luke and I say at the same time. I notice Luke's mouth has dropped as he's driving up the long driveway.

---Ooh what's gonna happen----