Professional Help

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded, "I can't do it by myself."

I was just feeling defeated at this point, I thought I could just tell myself everything was going to be ok and have Luke tell me everything was going to be ok. But it wasn't working.

"You're not doing it by yourself, but I understand. We'll both figure it out tomorrow," He said still holding onto me.

I didn't respond, I just inhaled his scent which seemed to relax me.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened now?" He asked moving his head down and looking at me.

I shook my head no,

"ok I won't keep asking, but I'm always gonna be here if you wanna talk."

"Thank you," I whispered.

He pulled my head so I was on his chest and he put his chin on top of my head.

I started to think back again to what my mom said and I started to get emotional.

"Dak it's ok, nothing your mom told you is true," He started "...whatever she told you."

I escaped from Luke's grip and rolled onto my stomach shoving my face into a pillow.

"Dakota I wanna help."

I turned my head and looked at him, I saw a tear going down his cheek.

"I don't like seeing you sad," He said his voice cracking a little.

"Don't cry," I said moving around.

"I can't help it, you're crying."

I tried wiping my eyes.

"I'm gonna stay home tomorrow, I'll go to baseball when it's time. But I think imma skip."

"Ok."

"Really, you'll let me skip?"

"Yea, I don't want you to leave me."

"Come here," He said pulling me on top of him.

I was just looking over to the side trying to stop my crying.

"Baby it's ok to cry, you're upset."

"You woulda killed her," I said quietly.

His head moved towards me quickly.

"Did she touch you?"

"No."

"She said some mean things?"

I nodded.

"Whatever she said is wrong, you're perfect."

"Not perfect, but not the words she described me as."

"You're perfect to me, I love you more than anything." He rubbed his hands all over my back.

"And tomorrow we are going to get you a therapist, and you're gonna feel a million times better." He continued.

"I hope so," I muttered.

"You will, I promise. I'll find the best one in town."

-Lukes POV-

Dakota's eyes were starting to close,

"Get some sleep mamas, I'm staying here tomorrow," I told her kissing her forehead.

She nodded and started to get comfortable while still laying on top of me. I carefully grabbed my phone off the nightstand and scrolled through my phone.