The fall

-Luke's POV-

When I heard the loud pop I immediately looked up to see where Dakota was, I witnessed her body completely off her bike flying in the air. I heard both her and her bike hit the ground followed by Jack screaming.

"Oh shit!" I heard Jack yell throwing his helmet off.

I couldn't see anything because of the mound of dirt that was in the way but when I got over it I saw the damage. The bike was in pieces completely off the track and Dakota's helmet was broken with half of it off of her head. As I got closer I could see the blood coming out of her ears and mouth while Robert was on the phone looking at her. By this time I was kneeling right next to her trying to see if she was alive or not,

"Don't touch her," Jack said stopping my hand.

I wanted to hold her head up but he stopped me, "Why not?"

"Because if you move her the wrong way she could be paralyzed if she isn't already."

I started to panic looking down at her, "What even happened?"

"Those guys in that car that sped off shot at her."

I got down really close to the ground and in her face, "Dakota can you hear me?"

She didn't respond.

I looked up at her cousin with glossy eyes, "Did they hit her?"

I could see he was crying and covering his mouth, all he did was nod. I looked back down at Dakota who was covered with blood, I couldn't even see any wounds there was just so much blood.

"Is she conscious?" Adam ran over while still on the phone.

"I don't know," My voice cracked. "Dakota do something if you can hear us- please."

"Is she breathing?" He followed up.

I gently put my hand on her chest to see if I could feel anything.

"Yea," I got out a little relieved.

I grabbed her hand carefully which was now covered in blood, I felt her index finger twitch in my palm as I sat in the dirt next to her.

"She moved!"

Jack looked at my hand, "She did?"

"Dakota do it again, you're gonna be ok."

We waited a few more seconds but this time her eyes opened and she started coughing from the blood in her mouth.

Jack covered the light from shining in her eyes, "Dakota you gotta stay awake."

"My chest," She croaked.

I looked down and saw a little hole the size of a bullet in her shirt, it was pouring out blood as we just sat there.

I looked up to talk to whoever was above me, "She's gonna bleed out."

Jack was trying to take his shirt off but it was so tight and wet just stuck to him.

"Use mine," I said basically ripping it off my body.

Dakota pulled at my hand lightly and I looked down spilling a tear on her cheek.

"It was my dad, you can't let him get away."

"He's dead."

"No, he's not, I saw him. He did it, you gotta tell someone."

Dakota was using all her energy by talking and she was starting to close her eyes again.

"Dakota, can you feel your feet?" Adam asked hovering over her.