Chapter 70

JJ's POV:

"I know." He nods understandingly. "Where is he going?" he asks and takes a mouthful of his drink from the glass in his hands.

"Said he needed the toilet." I smile and Jake nods again. I look around the room for Alex, how come Jake is here and she's not?

When I turn to face the English man again, he is inches from me. His breath smells of alcohol and his eyes are slightly red and bloodshot.

Before my head can comprehend the situation playing out Jakes mouth is firmly pushed to mine. His lips are soft like the first time I kissed him, but this time I don't want it.

I didn't even want it last time, I really like Jake, just not like that. The time I kissed him happened cause I wanted to know that I didn't need Spencer. I wanted to know that anyone I fancied could make me feel the way he did- the way he still does, but they can't and I know that now.

"Jake- I can't." I state while pushing him away as he attempts to deepen our chaste kiss.

"JJ, I've wanted to be with you since the first day I met you. That day you kissed me I wouldn't let you cause... cause I thought I couldn't have you but he isn't your boyfriend anymore." he says and leans in again, this time with much more force.

I open my mouth to speak again, but he takes that as an opportunity to slip in his tongue.

"Jake!" I push him off of me again and his drunken eyes hold a sudden glint of remorse.

"I'm sorry... JJ I'm so sorry!" he claims and a loud crash sounds through the bar.

Both of us look around to find the source, but it's so hard to make out when there's a large crowd huddling around the comotion.

"What is that?" I ask, climbing from my seat and completely forgetting about Jake who was just trying to apologise for his irrational behaviour.

"I think it's Spencer." he says and grabs my hand while he pushes through the crowd.

Jake reaches a decent view before me and informs me that it's Spencer fighting with another man.

Worry floods through me, everything was going so well. We were actually speaking and now he's back to his old habit of beating people half dead.

I push through the last row of people and scream Spencer's name as he hits an almost unconscious man three times in the face.

He drops him to the ground and turns to look at me. The man is covered in both his and Spencer's blood, which he spits from his mouth as his friend helps him up.

I meet Spencer's angry eyes again, how could he do this? Tears are streaming down my cheeks and I feel like a complete idiot, I thought this was going to be the start of us... again.

I push back through the mass of people to the door and walk as fast and as straight as I can down the street.

"JJ!" Spencer calls my name, but I ignore him. "JJ!" He shouts again sounding much closer to me this time and I concentrate on not falling over.

"For fuck sake Jennifer!" He grabs my arm and pulls me into his- body then leans me up against the wall and places his hands on either side of my head.

"What's going on Spencer? you could have killed him!" I almost shout while looking down to the shortage of space between our bodies. There's so little of it, just centimetres of air.

"He started it."

"You can't keep going around and beating people up Spencer... it's not right." I still don't look at him, instead I try to move from him. I can't be angry with him when he's so close and my body craves his so much. He pulls me back again and rests his large hand on my hip. The deepest muscles in my stomach ache and my eyes scan his ripped shirt.