Chapter 65

"Can you just come and fucking pick me up?" I almost shout down the phone at Damien. I hear him laugh before he agrees and ends the call.

My face and palms are still clammy and I feel like I'm about to throw up any minute. I wish Damien would just hurry the fuck up.

Five minutes later a car speeds around the corner and comes to a halt before me. "You took your damned time didn't you?" I state while climbing into Damien's car.

"Jeez, somebody didn't have a great flight." he laughs while taking the piss and wiping his hand across my forehead. "Warm?" He questions and I frown.

"I'm just having a hard time." I grunt and he laughs again.

"Gideon, give the guy a fix." he calls to the back of the car and I turn to face a fairly older man. He is receding considerably and his face is beginning to hold deep wrinkles.

I didn't even realise he was there when I first got in the car... I really should pay more attention to things like this.

The man hands me the drugs I need and I quickly inject them before we begin to drive.

"Where you heading?" Damien asks, speeding up the car.

"I just- I need to go and grab some stuff... from the uh- the apartment. She should be working."

Damien speeds up further and my back slams against the leather seats. "Slow the fuck down, we can't risk getting pulled over. Not now." I grab his arm an his foot eases off the gas pedal.

"Calm down Reid, we're not even going that fast." he laughs and Gideon joins him. I have a sudden urge to punch the old man in the face, but I hold back.

"You can head back to your club, I'll meet you there later."

"You're sure you don't want a lift?"

"Yes, now fuck off before the snobby bitch in there catches you." I say referring to the woman that sits at a desk all day and he drives away.

The familiar walk to the apartment feels strange. It feels like it's been so long since I've climbed the stairs, but it's been just three days and seven hours.

I reach the unlocked door and open it hoping that I can get in and out with out having to do too much talking. I miss her so much and if we start speaking to one and other I might do something stupid like stay.

I get as far as the sofa in the front room before the tears roll down my cheeks. JJ is enveloped in Jakes arms, his chin resting on the top of her head and her head is resting on his chest.

She's dressed in her pyjamas, a tank top and short shorts. I would have done anything to see her wearing them again but not in this situation, not like that... Not with another man.

Her long hair is draped evenly down her back where Jakes arms stop. She's stood on her tiptoes in order to comfortably fit around his body and the whole sight is killing me.

My breaths become short and It feels like my chest is being crushed beneath a weight.

They draw apart and JJ kisses the mans cheek while saying something quietly and I swear I must have choked because both their heads turn in my direction.

JJ's blue eyes open widely and she takes a small step towards me. The hair that was once tucked behind her ear falls to her face and sticks to her cheek.

"I'm sorry- I uh- I should have- I'm sorry." I head into her room, grab my cardigan from the ground by the bed and my all black converse.

"Spencer-" JJ calls me as I head for the apartment door but I cut her off.