Chapter 89

Spencer's POV:

"No, I don't know." JJ's voice is the first thing I hear when I open the door to our apartment.

Henry frowns when he first sees me, but a smile quickly spreads across his small face when I hand him a bag of cheetos.

"Is someone here?" I ask when JJ's voice comes from the kitchen again. Henry nods his head no and I make my way towards the conjoining room.

"Em, I've got to go, Spence is back. Ok, ok, bye." JJ hangs up as she catches sight of me, and forces a smile.

"Emily?" I ask and she nods slowly while grabbing my waist and pulling me to her.

"She offered to take Henry for a couple of days."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, she claims we need a break." A small laugh leaves her mouth and she runs her bright eyes over my hair. "It looks nice." she smiles and moves her hand over the shorter strands.

"Why thank you." I plant a small kiss on her mouth and she laughs.

"They're picking him up later tonight, you should get your bags ready. I'll pack Henry's." She releases herself from my grip and makes her way through to the bedroom.

***

"Look at mini Reid." Morgan jokes while ruffling his hand through Henry's hair.

"He looks adorable in that cardigan." Emily coos and smiles at JJ curled up on the sofa.

"You guys don't have to take him you know, JJ and I are-"

"Where's the real Spencer huh?" Morgan teases and places his strong hand on my shoulder. "You guys have been great these past few days, but you need a break. Em and I are happy to take him off your hands." he smiles and pulls Emily into his arms.

"We'll have him back to you as soon as you get back." Emily assures us and JJ sits up.

"Thanks Em." she stands to hug her friend and Prentiss whispers something into her ear before letting go.

"See you in a few days." Morgan announces while picking up Henry's bag.

The small boy him self hugs JJ's legs tightly and she lifts him on to her hip. "Be a good boy ok?" She asks and kisses him before turning to face me.

"We'll see you soon buddy." I smile at him and he leans from JJ's arms into my body, attempting to hug me too.

The three of them leave the apartment and JJ sighs after closing the door. "Hear that?" she smiles and I frown, completely unaware of what she's talking about.

"The quietness, silly." She jokes and hugs me. "We should really sort our things now." she laughs and I agree. Grabbing her hand and pulling her to the bedroom.

***

JJ's POV:

"Spence, Spence wake up. Our flight is in two hours." I shake the man lay beside me and he groans loudly while rolling over to face me.

"I really can't be arsed." he smiles sleepily, without opening his eyes and I can't help but kiss him.

"Get up." I pull the duvet off of him, but he doesn't shift. Instead he pretends to snore, the smile still covering his face.

"Spencer Reid." I kick him from the bed and he hits the floor, hard. "Oh shit, Spence, I'm sorry!" I crawl over his side of the bed to where he is on the ground.

I find him lay on his back with his eyes wide open and the smile gone. "Spence?" I question and he continues to look at the ceiling.

After a short silence his eyes move to mine and a frown covers his face. "You couldn't have been nicer? last time you-" I cover his mouth with my hand, preventing the dirty words from escaping his mouth and saving myself the embarrassment.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me from the bed so that I'm lay directly on top of him. "I think you owe me." he smirks and slides his hands up my thighs to rest on my waist.

"I think we should-" I grab his watch from the bedside table and check the time. "Get ready, cause we now have one hour and forty eight minutes." I smile while sitting up and straddling his lap.

His hands move back to my thighs again as I shift the fringe from his forehead. "Now come on." I stand from his body and grab his hand, aiding him to his feet.

"Yes miss Jareau." with a swift slap to my butt, Spencer leaves the room and returns with our coats.

"We can't just-"

"Sure we can, I'm tired, you're tired. Who gives a shit if we're in out pyjamas?" he smiles and hands me my coat before putting his on.