Chapter 33

JJ POV

When I wake in the morning, I roll over before remembering Spencer is on the opposite side of the house. It takes my eyes a few minutes to adjust to the brightness of the room. Spencer and I both have thick curtains in our rooms, so the light isn't as bright in the morning.

I check the time and it's 8:00am pretty early, but with it being Christmas I make that an exception to get out of bed early.

I head down stairs and find my mum already slaving away over the stove, my dad smiles when I enter the room and my mum greets me with a hug. "Where is your friend?" my dad asks as I take a seat at the table. "I think he's still sleeping."
"Oh, a lazy one then?" my dad jokes and I smile a little, hoping he doesn't mean any harm. "Why did you bring him JJ? what about Will?"
"What about Will?" I repeat. My mum knows we split up months ago and she knows I don't feel for him in that way anymore. It was never love.
"We all liked him-"
"And you're saying you don't like Spencer?" her eyes open wide when my voice raises slightly and my dad attempts to cool things down. "JJ, it's not that we don't like him... it's just that we don't know him. You've brought a stranger into our house."
"A moody one at that." my mum adds and I shoot her a glare. She looks away and continues to season the chicken.

"What time did you say everyone is coming over?" My dad changes the subject and I give him a grateful smile. "Around lunch time." she replies without looking. My dad mocks her and I can't help but laugh. When she hears me she frowns at the man in front of me, but he just smiles.

"Go and wake your friend up Jennifer." my mum nods toward the door and I make my way upstairs. A few hushed voices can be heard from the kitchen and when I reach the top of the stairs they stop. Why would she bring Will up? she knows exactly what's been going on and she knows that's why I moved. Anger builds inside me and I fight back the tears trying to seize my eyes.

I open the door to the room Spencer is staying in and he sits up a little in the bed. "God, you can hear everything from up here huh?" he frowns, but when he notices the tears in my eyes it dissolves as he pulls me into his arms.

I sit on his lap as he strokes my hair, the tears roll down my cheeks and I don't even bother fighting them anymore. Spencer holds me tightly for a few moments his chest rising and falling at the same pace as mine when my crying stops. "You really heard everything?" I ask, feeling a little guilty about what my parents said. He laughs lightly and kisses my forehead before releasing me from his embrace. "It's fine... Peoples opinions on me have never phased me before, why should I start now?" he smiles and stands to his feet.

"Let's grab some food, any nice places around here?" I laugh at his carelessness and hug him again.

***

"This is really the most popular place here?" Spencer frowns as his eyes scan the small cafe. "I told you! it's a small town." I shove his shoulder and make his way into the shop.

"JJ!" Ben, the owner greets me with a wide smile and I return it. Spencer and I make our way to the back of the cafe, I'm greeted by multiple old friends and when we take our seat Spencer raises his eyebrows. "Look who's got friends." He squeezes my thigh and I look down at his hand before standing and offering to get the coffee.

When I return he piles the sugar in and stirs it slowly. "How much of your family is coming then?" Spencer asks and meets my eyes. "I don't actually know, probably just the close family." He nods his head and I take a large gulp of my piping hot coffee, burning my throat in an attempt to avoid the eye contact.

He's wearing his black and white converse with his black skinny jeans and a loose white tshirt with a black cardigan. I almost wonder where his navy blue cardigan is, the one I love so much, when I remember I packed it with my things. He left it at my house one night and I didn't get round to giving it him back. I packed it with my stuff, actually planning on sleeping with it but then he came with me.

"Are you ok?" I look to Spencer and find his Hazel eyes scanning my face. "Yeah." he shrugs at my answer and begins to drink from the giant mug.

***

When walking back down my street I catch Spencer looking at me me multiple times through the corner of my eye. He looks again and I make sure he knows I know. "What?"
"What?" he repeats while shrugging his shoulders and frowning, acting like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. "You know what I mean!" I laugh and he smirks. "I don't know... You just look absolutely beautiful right now." he says the last bit extremely quiet, I almost don't hear him, but I pretend I don't to save him the embarrassment.

We enter my house laughing with each other and the family goes quiet, everyone but my favourite little nephew. He runs to me with open arms while calling my name, I pull him into a hug and pick him up. "Who's that?" he's asks scrunching his nose at Spencer. Spencer pulls a face at him and the little boy bursts into a fit of laughter. I put him down and we all head to the living room where most of the family is.

I know it's not long again and I'm super sorry!! the next chapter will be though, because I'll be carrying on with Christmas Day and doing Spencer's POV. Also I was planning on making JJ's nephew be Henry, I was going to make Henry be Spencer and JJ's child in the future, but I've got a big plan for what's going to happen in the future and how their relationship is going to end up. Please tell me what you think!! should Henry be her nephew or her son further through the story?!!