Chapter 3

A giant sigh sounds from my mouth as I pull the note from the door and screw it into a ball. "What's all the huffing and puffing about?" I turn to face the rude boy stood behind me. "You're kidding me right?" I ask as his frown softens and a smirk threatens to appear on his face.

He turns away from me and kicks his apartment door open. I stand for a few moments not knowing what to do, when he pops his head though the door way. "Don't think I'm carrying all your shit for you." His frown re appears and I follow him Into his apartment.

If I'm being 100% honest, I was expecting Spencer's apartment to be super messy. It's not super messy, but it's a little bit crowded. There's lots of old pieces of furniture and funny coloured arm chairs. The walls are lined with full bookcases and I swear he has about forty lamps. Each one is turned on so that his whole apartment is lit up like the sky on a dark, clear night. There are funny paintings randomly positioned on top of smaller bookcases and his long, dark curtains reach the floor. When I look at the floor I notice that although his bookcase and shelves are cram packed, he still doesn't have enough room for all of his books. There's piles of them stacked everywhere! They're On top of and leaning against his arm chairs. They're scattered all over his coffee table and there's even some propping his bedroom door open.

"Are you gonna get this, or am I going to be stood here all fucking day?" When I turn, Spencer is stood directly behind me, his eyebrows pointing downwards. He is so close, I can feel his breath on my face when he speaks. "I- I was just"
"Gawping at all my stuff?" He asks shoving a box of my belongings into my arms. His dark eyes show a glint of humour, but he quickly covers it by deepening his frown more than I've ever seen. His frown is so deep his lovely brown eyes are like little black balls hiding behind his eyelids.

Did I just call his eyes lovely? I didn't even realise I payed enough attention to know their colour, never mind think they're lovely. Oh my god.

"There's two more boxes. You get your door open and I'll grab them." He huffs before disappearing. I thought that him offering to look after my stuff would mean he's ready to be nice, but I guess not.

I do as he says not hoping to cause any kind of argument. I place the first box Spencer gave me on the living room table, when I turn to help him with the others he is stood in my doorway.

He drops the boxes to the floor and looks back up at me, his hair covering his forehead. I'm shocked at how carelessly he put down my things, but thankful he will be leaving any minute. I look at the battered boxes on the ground and then back up to Spencer. He uses his long fingers to brush his curly hair away from his face, then sighs. "What the fuck have you got in those things?" He asks shaking his arms a little. A smirk takes over his frown before his next statement. "You don't have to answer that." He pauses for a moment and his face reverts back to it's usual position. He spins on his heel and begins to close my door behind him. When it's about half closed he says something again. "I love your pink panties by the way." The door to my apartment closes. Oh my god, did he actually root though my things? I can feel the redness creeping up my face and even though I'm alone, I'm still super embarrassed.

***
Four days later and I'm still not over the embarrassment Spencer caused with his comment about my favourite piece of underwear. We've made no contact apart from a small breeze when he walks past me. I feel like I need to move out, I need to move to a completely different country and maybe then the embarrassment will ease.

On Saturday Spencer had his friends round again, the music wasn't as loud, but I swear Morgan knows about the underwear issue. He greeted me in the lobby while waiting for a friend named Aaron. His mischievous smile told me everything.

Derek is a very good looking man. If I'm honest so is Spencer, but Spencer is also extremely rude.
On Friday I overheard him telling Marcus to 'go fuck himself' when he once again asked Spencer to take down his hood. The manager of this whole place has a weird thing about hoods, probably because there is a sandwich shop downstairs that's open to the public. On Saturday morning he accidentally knocked a potential neighbours papers from his hands and didn't even stop to help him retrieve them. When the man shouted after him, Spencer replied with 'Shit happens'. I have to admit, it was rather amusing watching the mans face as Spencer continued to saunter through the lobby. It was also amusing watching Marcus dive on his knees to clear the mans papers from the ground while constantly apologising.

With being bored, once again I know, I decide to go downstairs to the sandwich shop and have my lunch there. When I step into the lift a familiar voice shouts from behind me. "Hold the elevator!" Spencer comes running down the hall as I hurriedly stick my hand between the doors to prevent them from closing. He stops just before me without stepping inside. His long fingers reach for the button on the outside while he makes direct eye contact with me.

His long hair is pushed away from his face today and his giant coat reaches half way down his thighs. I never really noticed how tall spencer was until then, his whole body towered me as his dark eyes dug deeper into mine. "Elevators cause at least six deaths per year and 10,000 injuries that require hospitalisation." He pushes the button with a wide smile, "have a nice ride JJ." The doors close and Spencer leaves me terrified on the ride all the way down to the bottom. What an absolute arse hole.

***
When I've got my pyjamas on and crawled into bed I stick on the TV an get lost in my thoughts. How did Spencer know my name and why did he call me JJ? Only my friends back home called me JJ. Me and Spencer have never properly introduced ourselves, I only know his name through Marcus, and Spencer doesn't talk to Marcus.

For some strange reason, the idea of Spencer being interested enough to find out my name excites me. The fact that he's obviously asked around and spoke about me to find out my surname too fills my stomach with a fluttery feeling. There's so much to this rude man and I know nothing.