Chapter 16

"JJ! how was your interview?" Marcus approaches me with a large smile, his arms open wide. He pulls me into a tight hug and I explain the events of the day.

"So you're in?" He asks, still smiling. I nod and he speaks again. "Don't be forgetting about me when you're making enough money to leave this place." He laughs, but there's a hint of seriousness in his voice.

"Anyway, what's the story?" He nods toward the door from which Spencer appears. My smile fades and Marcus clicks on. "wait, is there something going on between you two?" He makes a gesture between him and I as Spencer runs up the stairs. I'm desperate to follow him, but I can't just leave Marcus now.

"No, no. I- we kissed but..." I continue to explain everything in some detail. Marcus seems to find a lot of it funny, but he's sympathetic when I mention Spencer pretty much kicking me out.

"When does your shift finish?" I ask Marcus, desperate for some more company. "Actually, I finished 15 minutes ago." he smiles and I offer for him to come to my apartment for a bit.

When we get in, Marcus notices my Quantico box set on the table and a giant smile covers his face. "you're great JJ, did you know that?" he takes a seat and puts it on while I make some coffee.

When I enter the living room Marcus is well into the first episode of the third season. "This ones pretty good, have you seen it?" I ask and he looks up. "uh, no, I just finished season two online last night. The third season isn't on there yet so I was pretty gutted until I saw that you've got the box set." He adjusts the way he's sat and smiles.

"Season two ended pretty tense!" J say while taking a seat beside him. We get into a deep conversation about how much we want two of the characters to be together. "She meets another man though." I sigh, thinking about how much better she would have been with the little genius. "What?!" Marcus throws his arms in the air. "woahhhhh, I can't believe it, that's so not good!" He leans back and frowns, he actually looks like he's going to cry.

There's a knock at the door and I stand up while laughing at a sulking Marcus. His frown unfolds and he leans forward as one of the main characters gets shot. "No! oh my god, why?!" I laugh again and open the door. It's Spencer.

I hear Marcus laugh behind me and the slight smile that was on Spencer's face is replaced by a frown. "What do you want?" I can't be doing with his stupid little games right now. I'm enjoying myself with Marcus, I can't let Spencer ruin this.

"I- I... Erm, I was wondering if you had any sugar?"
"Spence I- " is this some kind of joke?Like is he seriously taking the piss? "Spencer... One minute." I close the door slightly and head back inside toward the kitchen.

"Who is it?" Marcus looks up. I sigh loudly, actually hoping Spencer heard me this time. "guess?" I finally say an Marcus begins to laugh again. "Hurry! it's getting good." I laugh at him and re open the door.

I hand Spencer the brown bag filled half way with suger. "Keep the bag." I force a smile and close the door. I dot Ben want to hear another work from his perfect mouth.

"I'm sure you guys will be fine soon." Marcus says with raised eyebrows, I know he's just trying to help, but it doesn't. Me and Spencer was a bad mistake, I shouldn't have kissed him and stayed at his apartment.

"Look, I don't wanna make you feel bad... but Spencer is kind of a dickhead. He was always gonna hurt you. I'm just thankful it was sooner rather than later... I've seen him hurt too many people." He places his arm around my shoulder and I find myself leaning into his chest.

I've never thought of Marcus as anything other than a friend, but right now, wrapped in his arms I feel good.

Authors note:
Ok, I was thinking about how when I read stories and that I find it hard to picture what people look like. I've decided that the picture I have at the beginning of this chapter is what Marcus looks like. The real person in the picture is called George Finn an he's an actor, just in case you wanted to know!! oh and please if you're reading this, give me some feed back on my fanfiction? Also, THANKS FOR READING!!!! it means so much!! 💕