Chapter 12

"Girls, you made it!" Morgan says while approaching Emily and I with open arms. Emily enters his embrace first while asking how his trip to Chicago was, then it's my turn as he answers her.

"It's was good, you know just the usual?" He smiles and hands us both a drink. "There's gonna be a lot of people here that you don't know, but you'll be fine." He smiles again and walks toward the living room, Emily follows and I follow her.

When we enter Garcia's colourful living room, she jumps to her feet and also pulls us both into a tight hug. "I'm glad you could make it!" She drunkenly smiles. "Spencer is a little busy right now." She nods toward the stairs and her smile changes to a smirk. Emily laughs with a shocked expression and I join her.

I know he's obnoxious and really doesn't care about anyone bar himself, but I honestly didn't expect him to sleep with someone in Garcia's house. Before I can say anything, Garcia waltzes away to be with her "big black six pack."

"You jealous?" Emily raises an eyebrow and nudges me with her arm. "No! What is it with you guys, why do you all think I fancy him?" I frown and Emily laughs.

After about 10 minutes I see Spencer enter the room and sit on Garcia's sofa. A woman makes her way across the room and sits beside him, drunkenly whispering things into his ear. I can feel myself getting a little jealous, I do find Spencer very attractive, but I can't let anyone know that. It's only a crush and it will pass.

A tall ginger man approaches me. "Hi, I'm James." He holds out his hand with a smile. I take it and introduce myself as JJ. James talks down my ear, but I can't but help watch the dirty woman's hand slide up Spencer's thigh. My eyes meet James' again and he place his fingers on my cheek. An unpleasant tingle runs through my spine and he leans in for a kiss.

I look back to Spencer, he isn't paying one bit of attention to me, instead his eyes are locked with the woman's beside him. When I look back to James his eyes are tinted with a little hurt. I guess I just rejected him when I looked back at Spencer.

I open my mouth I apologise but he doesn't allow me. "It's ok." He leans a little further away from me. "I get it." He smiles a little. "Why don't you go and speak to him?" He nods toward the door that Spencer is making his way through.

"Oh, I don't-"
"JJ, you don't have to hide it from a man you barely know. It's too obvious." He points to his face and smiles again. "Fresh eyes." He takes a large mouthful of his drink and walks away.

I look back to the door that Spencer previously walked through and make my way outside. He's leaning against the wall with his hands deep in his pocket. His hair is fairly messy, springing from all directions of his face. His skin is glowing slightly and his plump lips are pushed into a straight line. Obviously he's frowning, but I can't help the urge to shove his shoulder.

"Are you being moody and boring again?" I ask and his frowning eyes look at me. "What is it with you? You're so fucking annoying." I drop my bottom lip hoping to lighten him up. It doesn't work. "You're drunk?" He sighs and I pull my lip in again. "Not really. I've had a few drinks, but not much." I say while sitting on the door step.

Spencer joins me and I hold out my red cup. "Want some?" I haven't actually seen Spencer drink yet tonight. "I'm alright." He says while actually smiling. I smile back and place the drink down beside me.

"So what brings you out here? Is our bad boy Spence havi-"
"Spence?" I close my mouth, realising what I said when he questions me. His frown grows deeper and deeper and I get the feeling I've ruined everything.

"I'm sorry Spencer, I just-" the door opens and I stop speaking again. "What is our favourite duo doing out here ey?" Morgan towers over us both with a giant smile covering his face. "I thought you two hate each other?" He sits in between us and wraps his arms around our shoulders. I laugh a little, but Spencer doesn't seem to notice. He's still looking at me with a frown coving his eyebrows.