Chapter 88

"We're going tomorrow." Spencer says as he pulls a fresh shirt over his head. He looks up at me with worried eyes before joining me back on the bed.

"I just hope-"

"Spence, stop worrying." I laugh while pressing my finger against his pink lips. "I'm excited."

"Really?" He cocks his head to the side in the most adorable way, almost causing me to forget this is the same man that had me screaming last night and left me sore this morning.

"I'm looking forward to finally meeting your Mum." I smile and his brows loosen the frown they were holding.

"I have to talk to you about- well, that." he sighs and pushes his eyebrows down again.

I sit up properly and lean against the headboard with my legs crossed. "It's my Mum, she's uh- she's..." he trails off with a growl and I rest my hand on his forearm.

"Spence, it's ok." I can see this is hard for him and I don't want to push him into telling me anything. I'd love to find out about is family and why he never talks about them, but he's finding it so hard.

"She suffers from schizophrenia, JJ. I put her in an institution when I was 18 and I regret it everyday." he bites his bottom lip and then pulls both of them into his mouth before talking again. "I just-"

"I understand." I state quietly and he looks up from the bed sheets he was fidgeting with.

"I just didn't want to take you there and have you wonder why she's in a loony bin. She's a great woman, just- ill?"

"Spence, I know what it's like to be close to someone with a mental illness. I'd never judge you or her."

He smiles for the first time since the whole subject got brought up and brings his fingers up to my face.

"I love you Jennifer Jareau." he kisses me softly on the forehead before climbing from the bed and leaving the room.

I follow shortly after and head to the kitchen to start a wash. We should really pack tonight and with Henry still being here, he'll be coming too.

I shove three of Spencer's cardigans, his graduation hoodie, and four pairs of jeans into the washer. I'll have to put his tshirts in with my clothes and then Henry's after. I doubt he's going to take off that cardigan so I can wash it just yet.

Once the washer starts up I head into the living room and take a seat on the sofa. There has got to be an illness going around or something cause I've felt like crap the past few days.

Spencer's firm hand grabs my shoulder as he walks around the sofa and takes a seat next to me, handing me a glass of water and some aspirin.

"Oh, I don't-"

"Take it." he demands and breaks the tablet in half, knowing I hate swallowing it whole.

"Spence-"

"Jennifer, don't act like you wasn't throwing up this morning... I heard you, now drink." he pushes the tablets and glass into my hands.

I had no idea Spencer knew I was ill, but I guess now that means I can pull his leg.

"You sooo shouldn't have told me that." I smirk while tilting my head back to aid the medicine down my throat.

"Are we bringing Henry with us?" I ask, still unsure whether Spencer has bought the plane tickets.

"Yeah, I guess. Tracy isn't going to pick him up anytime soon and I'm sure he'll love it."

I place the glass on the table and caress Spencer's now well coloured cheek. His hazel eyes move between mine and a small smile places itself on his lips.

I can't help but kiss him and I feel him smile against my mouth.

"Ewww." Henry whines while crashing two transformers together.

Spencer pulls away and the two of us laugh at the small boy scrunching his nose.

Spencer's eyes move back along my arm that is still resting on the back of his neck. They reach my face and he kisses me gently before standing up.

"I'm going to get my hair cut." he frowns and ruffles his hands through the mop of brown curls falling from his head. "I'll be back soon." he states while pulling on his high top converse and coat.

"Hurry." I smile and Henry climbs on to the sofa beside me.

"I will, bye." He opens the door and heads out.

"Bye, I love you!" Henry shouts loudly and I start laughing. Spencer pops his head through the doorway again and smiles at the two of us.

"I love you too."