Chapter 5

"Hey JJ, I want to sit with my friend Derek so you have to come now." Emily says while laughing and leaning into my face. I can tell she's had too much to drink, but who am I to ruin the fun?

I stand to my feet and follow her, ignoring every part of my brain that's telling me this is a bad idea. When I take a seat Spencer doesn't even acknowledge my presence, he just stares at his glass blankly.

Derek, Emily, Garcia and a guy I just found out is called Aaron seem deep in conversation. I look at Spencer again, he is still staring at the glass, showing no emotion what so ever. Not even his usual frown. His eyes are rimmed red and a little bloodshot, maybe he's just had too much to drink too and now he's completely out of it?

When I look back up Emily is smiling at me, I hate how good she is at reading me. She can read anyone really, like she can just watch someone for a few minutes and be able to read them like a book. It's weird actually. Weird, but amazing.

"Pretty boy, what do you think?" Everyone's eyes move to Spencer as he looks up from his empty glass. "What?" He asks, frowning when he notices I'm sat beside him. Derek laughs and repeats his question. "How about we all go back to yours and continue our drinks?" Spencer sighs and slouches even further On the chair. "I... I don't know man. My apartment is a bit of a mess." He rubs his face and relaxes his body further. His leg touches mine and a tingle creeps it's way through my body.

"Oh come on Reid, what else are you gonna do? You'll probably go home and watch a doctor who marathon!" Everyone laughs but me and Emily, Spencer sits up a little again and Garcia opens her mouth to speak. "I'm totally up for that." She says while raising her hand. "No, not tonight." She lowers her hand an snuggles into Derek's side. He wraps his arm around her and kisses her forehead. "Maybe another time sweet cheeks."
"I'd rather spend time with my chocolate muscle man." She smiles and drinks the last of her drink.

***
After a few hours everyone is definitely drunk, I notice Spencer is gone and ask Derek where he is. "Oh, he's probably at home by now. Don't worry about it, he never lets us know when he's going. He just goes." He smiles at me and pats my shoulder. I take my seat again and Emily shimmies beside me. "Wanna head back?" This is what I mean by her being able to read my mind. I was literally just thinking that I want to go home and she suggests it. I smile at her and she reads that too. "Derek, we're heading back now, see you around?" Derek pulls her into a hug and Garcia waves us goodbye.

***

Back in the apartment building Emily and I pluck up the courage to use the lift. We enter my apartment and Emily throws herself onto my couch. "Got and spare sheets?" She says with her eyes closed already sounding half asleep. "Em, don't be silly. C'mon you can share my bed." She returns my smile and stands to her feet. "I love you Jennifer Jaraeu, you know that right?" She kicks of her shoes and climbs under my duvet. "Wait, here's a tshirt and some shorts. You can't sleep in your clothes!" Emily begins to laugh, a lot. "Oh yeah." More laughing "I'm sorry!" She pulls her jumper over her head and replaces it with the shirt I just gave her. While she continues to change I also get into some pyjamas.

We both jump into bed and our heads hit the pillow at the same time. Emily laughs. "I had a good night. Why don't we do this more?" she pouts. "Will, remember." She slaps her forehead and sighs. "Sorry." She rolls onto her side and pushes her hair away from her eyes. "I wish it could always be like this." I take her hand and squeeze it. "Visit whenever you want, you're always welcome." She closes her eyes and a few minutes later she's asleep.

***
The next morning Emily is super hungover and I'm thankful I didn't drink that much. When I climb out of bed at 10am, she's is still asleep and when she figures out I'm now gone she sprawls out like a starfish.

I decide to run down to the shops and buy some sausage, bacon and eggs, I'll treat my best friend to a full English breakfast when she wakes up.

After locking the door behind me, Spencer opens his. I smile at him and he sighs. "Don't think because my friends like you, I like you." He shuts his door and makes his way down the hall.

He's wearing looser jeans and a shirt, his blue tie matches his blue cardigan and his white converse definitely don't compliment his odd socks. One is red and the other is also blue. I only notice his odd socks because the back of his jeans are tucked into them both. I wonder if they're meant to be like that, or if it's accidental because he put his jeans on first?

"Erm, Spencer?" He stops in his tracks but doesn't turn around. I jog a little to catch up with him and he proceeds toward the stairs. "Your socks are in your pants." He stops again and looks down. "Cheers." He pulls them out and looks at me. "You can fuck off now." He buttons up his cardigan and takes two steps at a time down the stairs, leaving me behind.

I know Spencer said he doesn't like me, but I can't help the electric feeling I get when I talk to him. I can't help the amusement when he's rude and I can't help but hope we could be friends.

When I reach the lobby Spencer is no where to be seen. He walks so fast, he looked like he had to be somewhere, maybe that's why he didn't carry on speaking to me? I mean, he said 'cheers' that's got to be a start right? Thoughts of Spencer continue to flow through my head and before I know it, I'm at the shop.

I grab the things I need and hurry to the checkout, I need to get back before Emily wakes.

***
When I enter my apartment everything is still silent. It seems like Emily is still asleep, so I head to the kitchen and begin to make breakfast.

By the time I've finished it's 12 and Emily is still in bed. "Looks like we're having brunch." I say out loud. When I walk in, Emily is still covering the whole of my bed. I walk to the side she's facing and kneel on the floor. "Em." I say shaking her shoulders a little. "Em c'mon, it's 12 already." She stirs a little and covered her ears. "Emilyyyyyy" I say in a sing song voice. A smile appears on her face a she acts like she's still sleeping. "Emily Prentiss, get your ass out of my bed now!" She opens her eyes and starts laughing. "Wow JJ, keep your voice down." She shoves me away and sits up.

"Bacon is a great smell to wake up to." She smiles and climbs out of my bed. We both head to the living room and slouch on my sofa with a plate full of food.