"Don't trip over your own two feet, Y/N," I said to myself and took a deep breath. I popped a piece of gum in my mouth before getting out of my car.

"Y/N!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw Kehlani waving her hand trying to get my attention. I locked my car and walked over to her.

"Hey," I said as I got closer to her.

"Hi, you look cute," she said making me smile as she hugged me.

"You look gorgeous as always," I told her and she blushed faintly.

"Let's go see the lights," she said and I nodded. We walked side by side.

"How had your week been?" I asked her.

"It's been good. Just finishing up some Christmas shopping and hanging out with my family. What about you?"

"I've been looking for another job, but no one will hire you even if you have a degree. So now I'm must likely going to work with my dad," I said to her.

"What does your dad do?" she asked.

"He's a music producer. He works with a lot of artists."

"So you like making music as well?" she asked smiling.

"Yeah, I've always had a thing for it. But I never thought I'd be good enough to do it," I told her.

"Do you have any beats that I could listen to?"

"I do, but you can't listen to them."

"Why not?" she pouted.

"You can listen to them, but you gotta let me take you on a date," I said and she blushed.

"I'd love to go on another date with you," she said and I smiled.

"Look, it's the Grinch," I said pointing at the roof of one of the buildings. The rest of the date went by so fast, but I did enjoy my time with Kehlani. We got to know each other a lot more.

"I enjoyed spending time with you," I said to her as I walked her back to her car.

"I enjoyed spending time with you. When's our next date?" she asked.

"How about the day after Christmas?" I asked her.

"It's a date," she replied and I smiled for like the one hundredth time.

"Is eight an good time?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah."

"I'll see you then," I said and was about to walk away, but she pulled me back to her and kissed me. I kissed back because I'm not an idiot. When she pulled away, I felt like I was in a daze.

"I'll see you Saturday," she said and I nodded. She hugged me once more before getting in her car. I walked over to my car and got in. My phone started ringing and my dad's face flashed across the screen. I answered it and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, Y/N," he said.

"Hey, dad. How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm good. I just got of the phone with your mother," he replied.

"She must've told you, I guess?"

"Yeah, when are you available to come in?" he asked.

"I can come in now."

"Okay, you know the address. Just tell the receptionist you're here for me and she'll send you up," he replied.

"Okay," I replied before hanging up. I sighed and started my car. I drove to the studio and sat in the parking lot for ten minutes.

"Am I really about to do this?" I asked myself. I took another deep breath and got out of my car. I hit the lock button and entered the building.

"Hey, I'm here to see my dad, Y/D/N," I said to the receptionist.

"You must be Y/N. He is in studio seven. Second floor. Fourth door on the left," she replied.

"Thank you," I replied and walked over to the elevator. I got on the elevator and went up to the second floor. When I got off, I noticed my dad walking out of a room.

"Y/N, you made it," he said walking over to hug me.

"Yeah," I mumbled. He kissed my forehead repeatedly making me groan.

"I missed you so much," he said pulling me into the studio.

"Whoa," I said looking at everything around me.

"Nice, right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, it's very nice. Better than the setup I have at home," I told him and he chuckled.

"I'm working on some beats for this artist named Kehlani. I'm pretty sure you know her," he said smirking and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I do know her," I replied.

"Show me what you got, baby girl," he said pulling the chair out for me. I listened to the beat that he already had switched it up completely. I played for him and he seemed to be shocked.

"You're a natural at this," he said and I shrugged. He saved it to his computer and sent it to her team or to her I guess.

"Did you like doing it?" he asked me and I nodded.

"Could you see yourself doing it as a living?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I think you should."

Sorry for any grammatical errors.
Part 3?