Poetic Justice.

a/n: not based on the movie, but does ft. janet jackson

Janet Jackson
Time: 1993

Janet JacksonTime: 1993

Your POV

"What party?"I asked Ed.

"It's not a party. It's just a kickback that the Nupes are throwing. Some cuties supposed to come through."

"I'll think about it," I said reading my notes for class because I had a test.

"Man, come on. I promise I won't bother you anymore, if you come with me this time," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming back before one whether you're ready to go or not," I said getting out of my bed. I walked to the bathroom and freshened up before changing my clothes. I put on my black Howard hoodie, some jeans and a pair of my favorite Jordan's. I threw on a black baseball cap and grabbed my wallet and my keys.

"You ready?" I asked popping a piece of gum into my mouth.

"Your phone and your pager," he said throwing the two at me.

"Thanks. Now, come on," I said and he followed me out of our apartment.  He gave me the directions to the Nupes house and when we got there, there was only a few cars outside. We got out and Ed knocked on the door. The guy greeted him and I like we were friends, but we were far from that. Ed wanted to be one, so he was always trying to hang around them to see when they were going to have a line. Me, on the other hand, did not give a fuck about joining a fraternity or sorority. I just wanted to go to school.

"Yo, you want a drink?" Ed asked and I shrugged. He got me a beer and I sat on the sofa watching the game. It was the Bulls against the Lakers.

"Holla if you need me," Ed said and I waved him off as I watched the game. By the second quarter, the house was starting to get packed and some dickhead turned off the tv to play music loud as fuck. I got up and went outside to get some fresh air. I sat on the trunk of my car and looked at the cars driving by.

"What are you doing out here?" I heard a soft voice ask me which spooked the fuck out of me. I turned around to see the Janet Jackson talking to me.

"I was watching the game and some nigga turned it off, so now I'm out here. What are you doing out here?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I'm here with a friend, who wanted to stop by," she replied.

"You've been out here this whole time?" I questioned.

"Yeah, mind if I join you?"

"Not at all," I said helping her into the car, "these guys a weirdos and just be careful."

"I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"No, it wasn't like that. I was just saying that some guys don't know that no means no," I replied and she nodded.

"I was just messing with you. You're cute. What's your name?" she asked looking up at me.

"I'm Y/N, you?" I said trying to play cool.

"Janet. it's nice to meet you, Y/N. You go to school around here?"

"Yeah, I'm actually finishing my master's right now," I told her and she nodded.

"What you studying?"

"Mechanical Engineering."

"Fancy," she said lightly chuckling.

"I guess," I replied pushing my glasses up.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty five," I said looking over at her. She nodded looking straight ahead.

"Do you like it here? You don't sound like you're from up here," she said looking at me.

"I'm from the south. It's different up here. I don't like it, but I also don't hate it. I miss being home. I miss the food. I really miss my grandma," I said and she smiled at me.

"You're a grandma's baby?" she asked and I nodded happily.

"I am and I have no shame in it. I love my grandma," I told her and she giggled.

"That's actually quite adorable," she said and I blushed faintly.

"She's the one that's always taken care of me, so she gets all of my love. I like going back home and being able to cook for her. She's always doing for others and I know it makes her feel important when someone does things for her," I replied.

"What about your parents?" she asked.

"My mom died when she gave birth to me, so it was just my dad, my grandma and I. My dad passed away a few years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that. How are you dealing with that?"

"Some days I'm sad about it. Other days I'm okay. I do wish I could've met my mom," I told her and she nodded, "what about you? how are you?"

"I'm pretty sure you already know," she replied.

"Right now. You're just Janet that I met at a party. Not Janet Jackson at the Grammys or on the red carpet. I'm asking Janet how she feels," I told her and she blushed.

"Sometimes, it's overwhelming. People either wanna be seen with me because I'm Janet Jackson or because Michael Jackson is my older brother. It gets annoying at times. No one asked how I'm feeling, so thank you," she replied.

"I bet it does get annoying. People see you, but they don't see you," I told her.

"Exactly. Someone gets it," she replied. We talked until she had to leave, but she did end up giving me her number.

"This is for your eyes only. You hear me?" she said and I nodded.

"Yes, ma'am," I replied and she giggled rolling her eyes.

"I'm looking forward to hearing from you later, Y/N," she said as she walked away and just like that she was gone. I looked at the piece of paper and smiled before putting it in my pocket. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost midnight. I needed to get my ass back home, so I wouldn't mess up my sleeping schedule.

I went inside looking for Ed. I found him drunk as the Nupes tried forcing him to drink more. I threw him over my shoulder and brought him to the car. I put him in the backseat and locked the doors, so his ads couldn't get out. I got in on the driver's side and took us home. I had to carry him up the stairs and I just threw him in his bed. I took off his shoes and let him be.

I took a shower before getting in my bed. I grabbed my cellphone and dialed Janet's number. My finger hovered over the call button nervously. I accidentally hit the button and started to panic until I heard her say hello.

"Hello," I said trying to cover up the nervous feeling.

"Hi, Y/N," she said softly.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"You're the only person I've given my number to," she said and I smiled.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I actually don't know," she giggled.

"It's because I'm fantastic. You don't have to say it, babe," I told her and she laughed.

"Oh, your head is big figuratively and literally."

"Hey, I'm insecure about my head," I joked and she laughed.

"So, Y/N, I'm in town for two weeks. Maybe we can hang out again?" she asked.

"Any time, any place, right?" I asked.

"You got jokes, huh?"

"Just a few."

Sorry for any grammatical errors.
Part Two??