Love Don't Cost A Thing.

Part IV
Your POV

"Yeah, so when you hook those two up, be careful because they can cause some sparks to fly," I told Gene, who nodded excitedly. I took a bite out of my apple as he continued talking about the engine he was going to be building.

Chlöe walked in the cafe and locked eyes with me. I looked at her for a second before looking back at Gene.

"Bro, I got a new controller. We can finally play the game together again," I said and he quietly cheered.

"Y/N/N, can we talk for a second?" Chlöe asked and I looked at her.

"I'm talking to Gene right now," I told her.

"I'm sure Gene wouldn't mind if you talked to me for a second, right, Gene?" she asked him and this nigga folded.

"N-no, not at all," he said and I looked at him. He mouthed sorry and I got up. I followed her outside to the parking lot right next to the building.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" she questioned.

"Didn't you leave me by myself in a restaurant for the same dude that dissed you on national tv? Or am I tripping?"

"Y/N, I said I was sorry," she replied.

"Okay, cool. There's nothing else for us to talk about," I told her.

"What about our deal?" she asked.

"What about it?"

"We still have a week left."

"Nah, you good. Deal is through. We can go back to acting like we don't know each other," I told her.

"Why are you acting like this?" she questioned and I just walked away before I grew even more heated. I went back in the cafe and sat back down.

"I'm sorry, man," Gene said and I laughed.

"It's cool," I told him and he nodded. After lunch, I dropped him off at the science building and I went home. I took a two hour nap and woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned and answered it.

"Hello," I mumbled.

"Hey, Y/N. The pool jets aren't working. Do you think you could come check them out? I'll pay you double," Mrs. Bailey asked and I chuckled.

"I'll be over there in a few, Mrs. Bailey," I told her.

"Okay, thank you so much," she said.

"No problem," I replied and hung up the phone. I got up and put on some swim trunks and a regular white tee. I freshened up a lil bit and I grabbed my bag with my tools. I headed out throwing my tools into the passenger seat of my truck. I drove to their house and parked on the side. I grabbed my stuff and went out back to check the jets.

"Let's see what's going on," I said and flicked on the switch for the jets. I saw that they didn't come on, so I unhooked everything to replace it. It took me about an hour and I had to take my shit off because it was way too damn hot outside.

"I didn't know you were out here," Chlöe said and I nodded.

"Your mother called for me to come fix the pool jets," I said taking a sip of my water before finishing fixing the jets. I turned them on and they actually came on.

"Hallelujah," I mumbled to myself. I cleaned out the few leaves they had in the pool before checking if each jet was on. They were all working and I mentally cheered.

"You can tell your mom that the jets are fixed," I said and she nodded going back into the house. Her mother came outside and she smiled.

"You are a miracle worker," she said as she gave me four crisp hundreds.