Dreams? What's A Dream?

Normani

A Full Year Later

A Full Year Later...
Your POV

"Y/N, I wanna get a haircut," Alex told me as I had picked him up for school.

"We gotta ask your mommy first," I told him and he nodded.

"Call her, Y/N/N," he replied. I FaceTimed her and she picked up almost immediately.

"Hey, what's up?" she said adjusting the studio headphones that she had on.

"Alex wants to ask you something," I told her as I gave him my phone. I put him in the truck and strapped him in.

"Can I get a haircut, mommy?" he asked her.

"What kind of haircut?" she questioned.

"Uh, like kinda short and a thing on the side. What's it called, Y/N?" he asked me.

"A fade, baby," I told him and he giggled.

"Yeah, mommy. A fade," he said hoping she'd say yes.

"I guess. You're a big boy. Tell Y/N/N to send me a lot of pictures," Normani said. 

"Okay, mommy. I love you," he told her and blew kisses at her.

"I love you more. I'll see you in a few hours," she said  before hanging up. He kept my phone and played games on it while I drove us to my brother's barbershop.

"How was school today, Alex?" I asked.

"So fun. I got to try a dragonfruit and we had pink pineapple," he said.

"Really? That sounds yummy. Did you like it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Y/N/N. We should get some sometimes," he said and I chuckled.

"Okay," I replied.

"How was your day? What did you do? I missed you all day," he replied showing his dimples.

"I missed you so much. I had to go film, which was super boring. I was just waiting to come pick you up all day, so I can get some cuddles and have fun," I said and he giggled.

"I can't wait to cuddle," he said and I laughed. We got to my brother's barbershop and I got out of my car before getting Alex out. We headed inside and my brother cheered.

"Alex!" Alan said and Alex shyly giggled.

"What am I doing today?" Alan asked as I sat Alex down in the chair.

"He wants a little flat top with a nice fade on the sides," I said and he nodded.

"What do you want to watch on tv?" Alan asked Alex.

"Gumball!" he said excitedly and Alan turned it on for him. I sat back and recorded Alex getting his first haircut. He didn't fuss or anything and I was so proud of him.