Chapter 47: The grandparents

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I crossed my arms like a toddler but then blushed and accepted. I wasn't going to win this fight so I decided to drop it. With no more protests I showed them their room, which my grannies had well arranged to put two mattresses and a bed. I felt so bad giving them the floor after they alway gave me the best of the best. But at the same time there wasn't anything else I could do.

They started to pack everything out while I tried to grab clean sheets and bathroom stuff. After that I excused myself and went to the kitchen where I knew Granny was going to be. Indeed she was, the kitchen was completely full with plates and stuff she was cooking. They always cooked a lot and there was never space to rest anything other than plates and pots. I leaned over the door frame and watched how she cooked so concentrated. The smell was amazing and although Nikolai's and Chelsey's cooking skills were on point, no meal could beat Granny's.

"They are very handsome," She said, sounding amused.

"Stop it," I said, trying my hardest not to blush. "And I know," I rolled my eyes and she giggled.

"I guess I can't say I don't understand why you like the three of them," She shrugged, putting another tray inside the oven. "If I were you I would too," This definitely made me laugh.

"Please," I got near and stole a potato from one of the plates. "I'm gonna go check on Grandpa, I missed you so much," I said, kissing her cheek.

As always he was playing cards with himself on the couch. He had this game that was incredibly difficult and neither I or Granny knew how to play, so he had to create his own way to play alone. My mom was the only one that used to play with him, now I think it was a good way of distracting himself and not getting bored.

"So Grandpa," I said plopping on the chair in front of him. "How's church,"

"Same old, same old," He smiled and tried to invite me to play but I shook my head. He shrugged kindly and started to order the cards for himself.

He asked questions about the academy and everything while I watched him play. I answered his questions with honesty, telling him about how strict Katarina is and how difficult it was to get used to everything. He told me some stuff that happened while I was gone.

Then, when he was about to tell me something about the high school I had attended, the guys appeared from the hallway into the living room. They looked at me and I knew they wanted to do something to help but I wasn't going to let them. So instead I walked towards them and smiled. I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

"Let's go inside the forest, it's beautiful," I smiled wider.

"No, we should help with the food and table and..." Nikolai tried but I shook my finger in front of his face and then sealed his lips with it. He looked down at it as if he wanted to rip it off.

"No, you are the guests now, besides if you even get a fingernail near Granny's food she'll burn you alive," I grabbed Nikolais hand and started to drag him across the living room towards the entrance but he was stubbornly trying to stay still. "Come on..." I whined. "I know! We can look for some trunks and branches for the chiminea," I tugged from his arm and he finally gave in to my pleading.

We walked outside and I couldn't take the smile out of my face. It wasn't too long to enter the forest, and once we did it was like we came inside a new world. Tiny water drops fell from the high trees while the wind sang it's breeze. When I turned around I found the three of them searching for branches and holding some under their arms. I rolled my eyes and snorted before throwing my hand up in the air.

"Drop those, we can pick them on our way out!" I reprimanded them and went to Sebastian, I snaked my arms around his waist and forced him to look down at me. His blue eyes were electrifying, intense.