Fifteen

It was Thursday. Two weeks had gone by since Raina had returned to Hogwarts, and she was beyond stressed about her O.W.Ls.

Raina had been rather sluggish than normal, but her mood picked up as it always did when it was time for Herbology class.

Regulus accompanied Raina to herbology like always, along with Severus, all walking side by side as they made their way to the green house.

Class was basic, Professor Sprout was doing a simple lesson on fully grown Mandrakes. Raina remembered perfectly in second year when they got to experience first hand, baby mandrakes, though because the screams of a fully grown Mandrake were lethal, they students were unable to have any real experience.

As the class ended, everyone gathered their books and parchment. As Raina was just about to leave with Severus and Regulus, Professor Sprout spoke up.

"Miss. Potter?" The short chubby teach said. Raina looked up and smiled at her favorite teacher. "If you could stay after class, I'd like to have a word with you." She smiled warmly at Raina.

Raina nodded for Regulus and Severus to go on without her, as she made her way over to Professor Sprout as the last few students left.

"Yes, Professor?" Raina smiled.

"Well, as you know, your O.W.L examinations are upcoming shortly, along with career advice. Now, I'm not sure what your plans are for the future, or if you've even completely decided what you'd like to do once you've graduated, however, I would be lying if I said you weren't my most talented student in Herbology."

Raina smiled at her Professor as she went on. "Now, I know many may think it's a dull job, and rest assured, I will be completely un-offended no matter your response, however, I reckon I'll be retiring soon enough in a couple of years, and of course, only if it is of interest to you, I'd be more than proud to have you as my successor of Professor of Herbology."

Raina's smile slowly faded, thinking to herself what life as a Herbology Professor would bring.

Professor Potter

Has a bit of a ring to it.

"I actually haven't thought much about my future career. I've never even considered being a Professor. Though, there aren't many possibilities for my future, I'm not good enough at Potions to be an auror or healer, rubbish at quidditch, I could never imagine having to sit at a desk all day for the rest of my life. Honestly, I always imagined I'd be working somewhere in Hogsmead or Diagon Alley."

After realizing she had been rambling, Raina silenced herself, though Professor Sprout never lost her smile.

"As a matter of fact, I think I'd rather enjoy teaching Herbology." She told her teacher, receiving a now toothy smile.

"Oh, wonderful." Professor Sprout smiled. "You don't know how happy that makes me. Now, off you go to your next class, I don't want to make you any more late than you already are." She winked at Raina, who smiled back, leaving the green house with a smile. Not even Potions class could ruin her day now.

***

As the day finally came to an end, Regulus and Raina made their way to the Great Hall for dinner. Though they came to a halt when someone stepped in front of them.

Sirius stood before the two, ignoring Regulus' presence as he smiled at Raina.

"Evening, Raina." He smiled at her handsomely.

"What?" She asked, rather bitterly."

"Ouch," He said sarcastically. "Having a bad day?"

"Actually," Raina said as Regulus glared at his brother, who still ignored him. "My day was rather nice until you stepped in my path." She told him harshly, causing Sirius' smile to drop.

"What's the matter? What'd I do?" Sirius asked, slightly conflicted.

"Why don't you just get out of my way and go find my brother?" She asked. "Or should I say, your brother? Since it seems you've chosen to take him for yourself."

"Wha-" But Sirius didn't get the chance to finish, as Raina and Regulus walked around him, Regulus harshly knocking into his shoulder, leaving him there to stand in place, frozen, as an unexplainable pain grew in his chest.

Raina shook off her anger and sat next to Narcissa.

"Hey," Narcissa smiled.

"Hey, do you know where I might find Lucius?" Raina asked, wanting to thank him for saving her that night in Knockturn Alley. Narcissa frowned.

"Lucius? Why would you want to see Lucius?" She asked, knitting her eyebrows together.

"I just need to talk to him, that's all." Raina causally shrugged, taking a sip from Regulus' goblet of pumpkin juice, as Regulus threw his hands in defeat and scoffed.

"Well," Narcissa said, Rather moodily. "I don't know where Lucius is. We are in the middle of a fight."

"Why?" Raina asked, handing the goblet back to Regulus.

"Because, he said happy birthday to Alecto Carrow yesterday!" She cried, as if it were the end of the world.

Raina, Regulus and Severus all stared at her in disbelief.

"It was... Amycus' birthday too, Cissa." Regulus told her. "I'm sure he was only being polite to the both of them."

"I know flirting when I see it, Regulus!" She told him bitterly.

"Oh, my god, okay." Raina said quickly. "Do you know where he may be?" She asked her friend.

Narcissa let out a small "Hmph!" Before crossing her arms over the table and aggressively laying her head down on them.

"The Library with Goyle." She childishly whined.

"Thank you." She sang, standing up to go to the library, but not before taking one last sip of Regulus' pumpkin juice. Laughing at his upset reaction as she made her way out of the Great Hall.

Raina walked into the library, and just as Narcissa had predicted, Lucius Malfoy and his friend Goyle sat in the library going through books about the Dark Arts.

"Hello, boys." She smiled at them. Goyle looked up from his book as his jaw dropped, seemingly to be at a loss for words.

Goyle had confessed his love to Raina in second year. Raina let him down easy, trying her best not to hurt him in any way, but over time, he had not gotten over his obsession like Raina assumed he would.

"Raina," Lucius politely nodded at her before going back to reading his book.

"I just wanted to thank you for uh... what you did... back during the holidays."

Lucius looked up for about two seconds to say, "Don't mention it." before putting his attention back on his book, slightly biting his lip in concentration.

"And, er... Cissa's a little... upset right now... maybe you should talk to her..?" She offered, trying to help out her friend.

"I've apologized all day yesterday and now she won't talk to me today." He told her, not even bothering to look up from his book this time.

"Well... maybe try getting her a gift. I know she'd like that." Raina told him, knowing Narcissa would probably forget it even happened over a pair of earrings.

Lucius looked up once more. "Thanks, I know just what to get her." He smiled.

"Alright then, I'll leave you to it. Thanks again." Lucius nodded his head and Raina turned on her heels, but from a distance, she barley heard Lucius say,

"You've got a bit of drool on your chin, mate."

"Shut up, Malfoy."

Raina giggled to herself as she left the library.