Fourteen

Raina endured the rest of her break in her room, trying her very best to stay away from her mother.

Euphemia was always a bit harsh towards Raina, but nonetheless, tried her best to show her love, but that Christmas night was new, and Raina began to fear she would turn abusive. If she hadn't already.

Raina was ahead of her parents, James and Sirius, pushing her cart through all of the muggles, not caring about their odd or rude looks.

"Raina!" Euphemia shouted as the four tried to catch up with her. "Raina, stop this instant!"

Raina ignored her mother as she walked through the barrier, not even checking for any muggles watching.

Walking through the barrier, Raina stopped to look for Regulus. She didn't care about anyone else, just him. She knew he'd be here, the Blacks were always one of the first families to arrive on Platform 9/34.

She continued to look around, searching for the dark curls on her friends head.

"Raina!" Euphemia shouted as she made her way through the barrier, out of breathe. "You do not ignore me like that!" But Raina didn't even turn around. She continued looking for Regulus, and once she spotted him, tears filled her eyes.

Once their eyes met, she didn't bother to wait. She ran to him. She ran right to him, jumping into his arms that caught her in a warm embrace and began to cry. Regulus didn't know why she was crying, he didn't need to. All he needed to do was comfort her.

"Raina Euphemia Potter you get away from that awful boy this instant!" She heard Euphemia shout, but she didn't. Regulus glared daggers into Euphemia's eyes, and if looks could kill, Euphemia would be six feet under.

"Regulus!" Raina removed herself from Regulus to see an angry Walburga and Orion Black standing in front of them.

"What are you doing? This is most unproper!"

Rains couldn't believe it, but before she knew it, she was bowing her head to the couple. "Forgive me, Mrs. Black." Regulus lifted his eyebrows in shock. "I just couldn't stand to be near my family any longer."

"Filthy blood-traitors, the lot of them!" Walburga spat.

All three Blacks expected Raina to be offended, but instead, she wipped her eyes and said. "You're right. They're all terrible."

Euphemia placed her hand over her heart as she heard these words, but quickly turned angry as she marched over to her daughter to strike her across the face.

Raina stared up at her mother in shock.

"You ungreatful diapointment!" She yelled. "Why can't you be more like James? Breaking our hearts the first moment you were sorted into Slytherin, associating with these people!" She shouted, motioning to the Black family. "You can't even appreciate my cooking, yes I heard your little show of fake vomit last night! We've been nothing but good to you and this is how you repay us? Are you trying to kill me?"

Raina looked up at her mother with tears in her eyes. She didn't know what to say.

"She was made to be more than your perfect, obeident daughter." Regulus said to Euphemia bitterly. "You're abusive and cruel, and Raina deserves better. You treat her worse than someone who isn't even your own son. You're disgusting."

Euphemia stared at Regulus in shock, Walburga and Orion were simply enjoying the show, proud of their son for calling out the family of filthy blood-traitors.

Raina had nothing to say, and so, she walked away, she made her way onto the train, away from her parents. Regulus bid his parents goodbye and followed after her, holding her hand as he took her into a compartment filled with three third year Ravenclaws and a Hufflepuff.

"Out." Regulus demanded.

"B-but, we were here first." The Hufflepuff boy said.

"I wasn't asking." He sharply told them. The four grabbed their things and quickly left.

Regulus took Raina into the compartment and sat down, Raina sat down next to him  as she laid on his shoulder, silent tears falling from her eyes.

"Are you alright, love?" He quietly asked as he rubbed circles into her hand with his thumb.

"No." She quietly said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, turning his head to look at her.

"No."

Regulus grew angry at the Potters and sad for his friend. He kissed Raina on the top of her head and continued to rub her hand until she fell asleep on him.

Raina slept the whole train ride, until Regulus lightly rubber her cheek to wake her up.

As she slowly fluttered her eyes open, Regulus spoke in a soft, gentle voice.

"We're home."

Note: I know this chapter was short and bad, I'm sorry. I hope you're enjoying the story nonetheless.