Thirty Two

Time is the biggest mystery of all time. He is always unexpected at a time you need him around the least, and there's never enough.

Raina did not want to go back to Hogwarts, once Christmas break had ended.

There was nothing notable about this year's Christmas, it was actually quite a bit of a blow, considering Euphemia refused to get out of bed due to feeling ill, and Fleamont wanted to stay and tend to her.

Raina watched James and Sirius unenthusiastically open their gifts. James had gotten Raina a necklace as well, which began an argument between he and Sirius over who gotten their gifts first and whose was better.

Raina watched the boys bicker and argue for a bit, but she eventually got bored and went back to her room. She flipped through some books and magazines to pass the time before a knock came to the door.

"Come in!" Raina called over one of her thicker books.

Sirius turned the door handle appeared with that same innocent smile that's always glued to his face. "Hiya." He said casually, taking a seat on the floor.

"Sirius, I told you, you're more than welcome on my bed." She rolled her eyes at the boy of seventeen, sitting on the floor "criss cross applesauce style", as mother's or teachers would call it, like a child.

"Oh." Sirius quickly stood up. "Forgot." He walked over to her bed to sit down before she put a hand up to stop him.

"You don't have fleas, do you?" She asked him, raising her eyebrows in suspension.

"What? No." Sirius said, taken aback. "James gives me a flea and tick bath every month." He said, matter of factly.

"Ah." Raina nodded, taking back her hand to allow Sirius to sit.

"So, Christmas hit a bit of an asteroid." Sirius said, looking ahead of him into nothing.

"Yep." Replied Raina, smacking her lips together at the "p" while turning a page on her book.

"What are you reading?" Sirius asked her.

"It's a muggle book, I assume. Some kid in the library left it there and so I took it for some light reading, there are mentions of magic and fairies and sorcerers, but it's all so unrealistic a muggle must have written it." She stated.

"What's it called?" Sirius wondered, towering his head over her book to see the small fine print of the book.

"It's called Sleeping Beauty." She told him. "Ever heard of it?"

"No," Sirius shook his head. "Is it good?"

"It's cheesy but, not awful." Raina shrugged, closing her book and looking at Sirius.

"Where's James?" Asked Raina, she began to find it odd that Sirius was so easily able to slip away to her room without James noticing.

"Out throwing quaffles into giant rings in the snow like a bloody maniac." Said Sirius. "He wants to put together a little posse of first years, train them so that they're ready to try out next year."

"That's nice of him." Raina said thoughtfully. "Like he wants to turn it into a real thing? Something that sticks after he's graduated?"

"That's what he's hoping for, but I think he's going to try and start an unofficial group and see where it takes him." He explained.

Raina nodded thoughtfully, chewing on the inside of her cheeks. "I don't want to go back to Hogwarts, Sirius." She said quietly, not looking up at him.

"You've only a year left," Sirius tried softly.

"So much can happen in a year." She shook her head. "Especially without you and James, I'll be all alone."