Four

[Sirius and Remus]

"I don't understand why you're making me do this, Monny." Sirius scoffed, slumping in his chair in the library while Remus sat down next to him, three astronomy books in his hands.

"Because, Sirius," He sighed, opening the book on the top of the pile and flipping through the pages. "You're practically failing astronomy."

"Please!" He cried, receiving a dirty look and harsh "Shh!" from Madam Pince. "I'm named after the stars! How could I be failing?"

"You don't even do anything when we go to the astronomy tower," Remus told him. "You just zone out."

"Yeah well, its boring and pointless." He said, crossing his arms. "It's not like I'll ever use it in life."

"Won't you?" Remus asked with a smirk. "So then, if you don't need astronomy, how will you name your future children?"

"I dunno," He said simply. "I'll just name them after ancestors."

Remus sighed. "Come on, let's just get this over with."

"Whatever." Sirius scoffed, pulling out a piece of parchment, and righting down the twelve constellations of the Zodiac.

After thirty minutes, Sirius let out a dramatic exhale, dropping his head on the table.

"Come on, Moony." His muffled voice said. "It's been hours, can't we take a break?"

"It's been half an hour, Padfoot." Remus said. "And you've barley done anything."

"Because it's lame!" He shouted, ignoring Madam Pince's glare. "I wanna go prank Snivellus." He pouted.

Remus sighed, rubbing his forehead. "If you finish your work, I promise you can prank him all you want. Turn his hair orange for all I care."

Sirius pursed his lips in a line, deciding if it were worth it. After nodding his head, Remus thanked Merlin and continued helping Sirius, and just as things began going smoothly, Sirius became more and more frustrated, and to make things worse, Raina had walked in, causing Sirius' whole body to stiffen.

"Damn it." Remus muttered to himself before turning his head to Sirius and saying a quiet voice. "Now would be a good time to apologize to her." He said.

Sirius clenched his jaw and shifted his eyes to Raina, who was trying her absolute best to not look back, despite the burning gaze on the side of her face. "No." He said sternly, not taking his eyes off of her.

"Why not?" Remus tried.

"You know why, Moony!" He shouted in a whisper, hitting his fist on the table. Raina moved further down the astronomy section. "She never apologized to me, why would I apologize to her?"

"Sirius, it was years ago. We were thirteen. She was twelve." Remus told Sirius, but Sirius angrily shook his head.

"No, no way-"

"You called her a slut, Sirius."

"She just can't take a joke." Sirius said stiffly.

"Well I don't blame her. Usually your jokes are funny."

"Merlins beard, Moony! I'm sorry!" He shouted, his voice still in a whisper.

"Well don't tell me that." Remus said as if Sirius were an idiot. "You tell her that." He whispered, nodding his head back at Raina.

Though Sirius could see Raina was nearly about to leave, and smirked.

Remus scoffed, getting up to walk near Raina.

"Moony!" Sirius quietly whispered, but it was too late.

Sirius shot his eyes back down at his paper, begging himself not to make eye contact. He stared at his paper of drawings and facts as if his life depended on it.

Then his chest tightened when he barley heard Remus say, "I wanted to apologize for Sirius."

For him? He didn't need Remus to apologize for him. He was practically an adult. A man of his own choices. If he says he doesn't want to apologize, that doesn't mean he can't, it means he won't.

He continued to stare at his paper, determined to just not look at her, but it was as if a magnet pulled his eye to hers once she stated, "He clearly isn't sorry."

Her voice was bitter. Sirius continued to stare at Raina angrily.

It wasn't that he wasn't sorry. It was that his pride was far greater than his guilt. He didn't want to give her the satisfaction of him apologizing over something she clearly doesn't care about anymore. He didn't want to live with apologizing to a Slytherin. He didn't need to.

Finally, Raina had left and Remus sat back down, sighing.

"What the hell are you sighing about? What the hell Moony?" Sirius demanded.

"I just wanted to help." Remus said.

"There was nothing to help! It's not like she's a Marauder! It's not like she's any of our friends! Just because she hates you less than the rest of us doesn't make you her friend. Why are you trying to fix what never even broke?"

Remus opened his mouth, but Sirius didn't give him time to say anything.

"I don't need you to apologize for me, Moony. You don't get to decide what I do and don't do." He finished, harshly grabbing his things and shoving them in his bag before walking away.

"Where are you going?" Remus asked sternly, standing up.

"I'm going to fetch James and turn Snivellus' hair orange, because I'm nearly a grown arse adult and don't need your permission or negotiations to do what I want." He said, leaving Remus in the library.

A/N-

Also sorry, I know this chapter was a little short, but I've decided to make fillers shorter so you don't get bored with the story before anything good happens, (though this wasn't really a filler, since you got to see a peak of Sirius' mind.)

Hope you're enjoying the story and again thank you so much!

-Darlingmixtape🖤