14

Strolling through the hallway lost in her thoughts Katiandra came out of her daydreams hearing someone sniffing walking toward the noise she founded Mrs Blake red face sitting on the floor of the cabinet her phone near her looking so vulnerable that it broke her heart she would have been insensitive if it was a month ago but she knelled beside her one hand on her shoulders.

"Mrs Blake? What is going on? Why are you crying?" Shaking her head without meeting her gaze she broke in another fit of cry hiding her face in her hands.

Stunned for a moment Katiandra didn't knew what to do, she wasn't used to help strangers then again she found her way with Lorelei it was so natural. Giving in her instinct she seated near her instantly the woman who appeared so strong-headed to her one hours later was now fragile.

Just holding her they stayed like that for a long moment then she started hiccuping on her shoulder her pain so raw it was heartbreaking. Sniffing a little later she sat down wiping the tears away.

"My Que, Mrs Alister I'm really sorry I didn't meant for someone to still be in this side of the building. My apologies."

Puzzled by her sudden change of behavior, Katiandra shook her head catching what was going on. She wasn't used to do what she did, Mrs Blake saw her treating people heartlessly many times she worked with her team, she caught them multiple times talking about how she could fired people without caring.

"Did you force me to seat here?... Okay now if you don't mind I want to know what can make a woman as strong as you crying so hard?"

"I, I don't want to disturb you with my problem your Excellency, I..."

"If you were disturbing me do you think I will have asked? You can tell me or I will still know your choice." Challenging her with her gaze, they fixed one another but Mrs Blake knew to not pushed her chance.

"I, is the hospital, my, my children, they couldn't find a donor for them. I" licking her lips her head tilted to the side where hand soon held her head. It was obvious she was fighting to no cry again. Breathing raggedly she pushed her legs all along the floor now fidgeting with her fingers, it was a good thing the floor was well kept. Her eyes was already glassy again.

"I will lost my babies." The distress in her voice touched the other woman right in her heart she could related to her in a sens recognizing in her heart the helplessness she found herself lately that moment where you know you reached the point where you cannot do anything against your situation but look and see the outcome.

"I... Can't... They're all my life. What will I do...if... I... God!... Does he even exist?" Shaking her head her fingers on her mouth she muffled her cries her body shaking. " I... I'm... I think..." Blinking she met her collaborator eyes frowning as she didn't remembered what she wanted to say.

"Hey. Stop panicking. How about you tell me what it is all about? What is that illness that has your children waiting for a donor?"

Leaning back on the wall as if she received a punch in her stomach, she was short of breath for a moment before starting laughing hysterically holding her legs against her chest.

"Will you believed it? He gave me two! two beautiful boys, they are beautiful and sweet and thoughtful a gift at first then bam! The two have an affection that run in my family a decade before! My... Uuuff,  my youngest had a sever trauma being hurt in her soccer game, whoa... They did all his checkup adding this new test...sniff, I...and, and found be the reason he couldn't fathom microbes. Him and his brother. They always have trouble to breath I thought nothing about it! Doctors said it will pass then discovered..."

Swallowing she placed her head on her knees looking at the wall in front of her like she could find her answers there.

"Why ME! Why not someone else?!  Where will I find TWO hearts?! Hmmm... Where?" Hiding her face in her hands again her body was shaken with her sorrow.