7

"Alfred? What are you doing here?" Walking toward her office katiandra saw her son exiting the elevator she was about to pass.

"Mom!? I, huh, I came to see a friend."

Arching one brow intimidently in a silent question she stopped at his level waiting for him to try a plausible answer that was not the obvious one. By the way her green eyes started losing all warmness, her eyes locked in his making him scratched the back of his neck suddenly feeling like a toddler caught red handed.

"You have no answer. How weird. I supposed it is Miss Kamali you came to see. Follow me in my office."

Not waiting for an answer, she walked pass him with a blank face. Soon enough they arrived in her office. After taking a lift from the library private elevator, which she had opened not acknowledging her secretary who had her eyes expectantly on her in hope maybe she would see her this time, but had lowered her head feeling low, the Queen oblivious of it kept walking like on autopilot.

Her office was in the fifth and last level near her auditoriums which was in the other building linked to the administration one's by the big library taking all the space in the middle.

She preferred it like that, so it was built as such. Her office was close enough of her usual amphitheatres but far away from the front of the building everyone used to come in. That entrance she used only when she wanted because she had her private parking with her elevator giving directly inside of her office like a large door.

The said office was the biggest of the building almost taking the entire floor the rest was a conference room and her secretary office. It was made of wall with  four normal size Windows in ball proof glasses. She would have preferred it entirely made of glass but the security thought otherwise so she had to comply but they made it in a way she did not feel trapped in. The light of the day entered enough for her to not be bothered.

The decorations as in her house was immaculate, not a thing out of place she like it like that. Everything was pricey too, covered with gold and marbles, Arthur request, at least their designer could worked it to fit her taste in decorations. Arthur wanted to remind everyone who she was, the Queen, HIS wife as he always put it, which means she only got to have the best.

Whatever, the room decorations was, she preferred out of all this extravagance, the private room in the far end of the office. It looked at first sight to be a bathroom but inside it was compartmentalized to fit all the need of a small open flat. Really useful in a time where she worked a lot on an international project.

All her office had one, the museum had the most homie one. Smiling wickedly she thought of Lorelei laying on one of those bed, the sheets out of them on the floor a little bit messy.

Where the  thought came she had  no idea, but the vivid imagination was so real she felt hot all of a sudden. Sighing  as she was reminded of her son  presence she had to push those thoughts aside to focus on Alfred wondering how she will succeed to have him out of her way but still be the mother he needed.

She was not naive though, there was no alternates realities were she will wants the same woman as her son did. It had to stop now.

Knowing the only way was to be straight forward, she stared at him sternly having his face contorted with uneasiness, which was the aim.

"Seat will you. I am trying to understand. Really how you failed to hear the part where I told you to leave her alone. You know I could get in trouble if people know you are involved with her like that. Now if things turned bad what will be the cost? You are the son of the king, which make you a prince... Which side do you expect me to choose? I do not care whatever is going on in your head, whatever fixation you have on her. It stopped before it even started in this head of yours. Forget it! She is under my protection I took full act of it in front of people who wanted her to work with them! How am I explaining when it will be spread all over the news that my son knocked her then let her down?"