21

Walking around the guests in the large banquet hall her husband hand resting on her back, Katiandra eyes was alerted at everything going around like an hawk. There were nothing she let slide like the clothes people wore to the way they reacted seeing the royal couple, she may have been used to it but exceptionally she knew to be on her guard.

One thing that she spotted immediately was Amara Killian gawking at Eva Malone who was not far away from her, she was clearly following her every move seeing as the young woman was near the ambassador nodding at something he was saying.

What triggered the Queen attention was the spark in the brain surgeon eyes, it wouldn't take even a blind man to know she was jealous.

Trying her best to have her attention, Katiandra, who in a way understood and could relate to her, kept her eyes on the surgeon enough for her to look around wondering whose insisting gaze it was.

having good reflexes she did just that just to meet none other than her Queen gaze, which immediately caused warmth to spread all over her neck at the remembrance of the woman words in her office and what she had witnessed.

Straightening her posture she held her gaze courageously even if she knew it was prohibited, having nothing to lost at that point may at least keep the dignity she have been left with she thought, aware the woman already saw her in more compromising position.

What she didn't know was the points her boldness earned her in the Queen mind. Taking her in for a moment the Queen closed her eyes then opened them giving her her approbation before shaking her head subtly from side to side like to show her disappointment. Dr Killian who frowned at that was quick to do at the woman next move.

The Queen kept her eyes in hers before looking toward Ms Malone making sure the woman still had her eyes on her, then shook her head again like she was doing it at something her husband was saying then looked back at the surgeon who looked like she had seen a gosh, visibly showing she understood the message.

A positive nod of the surgeon to one of the server as she took a glass of water from one of the trays he was presenting her appeased Katiandra who had confirmation her message passed.

No one could imagined they where interacting with each other at the sight of how they reacted differently or even the difference in the layer of society that separate them. In fact for doctor Killian to be here was an act of charity as many of the royalty would voice it. A one time thing.

Turning her attention to what was going on with her husband Katiandra nodded at whatever he was talking about in autopilot.

After taking a sip of her champagne thinking hard at the perspectives she had, it was clear she wasn't the only one enamoured with a young woman, and it was evident that Killian was as head over heels for Malone who when she didn't felt the weight of her crush stare on her anymore felt distraught.

Glancing toward the direction of the surgeon, Malone could see the woman already had her back to her, frowning at it she was about to set her eyes on her boss when the Queen eyes met hers in a way that had her breath caught in her throat for a moment, the intimidating woman arched her eyebrow in a way she could have missed if they didn't had a mutual past encounter.

It was rather the kind of stare that one would address a child when they were not happy of them, then she shook her head 'no' before turning her attention to the king who was saying something in her ear that made her laughed like it was the most enchanting thing he murmured to her.

Feeling her mouth dry all of a sudden, Malone, whose heart was hammering at the fear of being caught by someone more for Amara, who could lost her life, than her she her nationality protect her. The fact there she didn't know what the Queen could do was frightening.