44

"Mrs Blake."

Surprised to hear an unknown voice called her in a place she could recognized everyone voice without looking at them, the professor turned arching her eyebrows at the man infront of her, Sloan she knew he was named, better known around as shadow one, in reference to professor Kamali. The second being Norman. The others were everywhere.

The men were completely shadowing her every moves like everyone around could be a thread. It was too evident that the protocol in regards to her was different from the princesses who could moved more freely without a bunch of men in formation behind them.

After working with the Queen for almost two decades she was accustomed to all her guards movement, which were the same around here. A fool could think she was related to her, which she was not.

Plus to confirm that, She had overheard  princess Alicia who was complaining to doctor Killian one day she came to visit the museum that they could not even go for a simple day out without it making the bodyguards uncomfortable, that was given in response to the doctor inviting them to a her partner family gathering. Too visible they would be, was Norman answer. Finally she knew only the princesses were abled to go.

Shaking herself out of that thought, she completely gave him her attention then looked down at the files he was handing her, the man never talk too much only when he did it was directly too Kamali.

Apprehensive of what could be inside she took it poking her right cheek with her tongue then opened it slowly, all under the bodyguard stare.

Sloan took it all unimpressed by how human sometimes acted like machines. That is how he prefered to think of humanity. She was a tough one though, her code he made sometimes to crack. No thread was the result. She was forever indebted toward the Queen. With no way to repay her. Whatever the Queen said it was a reality.

For the time being, he could see she was bothered by what was written under her eyes. He would have been too if it was him doing the tasks she had to perform. He was discharging it on her he had to admit.

Clenching her jaws to not say whatever wanted to come out of it, the professor inhaled eyes closed before glancing at her right. Her eyes landed on her now young fellow professor. She felt that intuition rise again in her mind. She did not know if it was correct but it seemed like a part of her knew what all of this was about.

The delay of informations by the Queen details had set something in Blake mind that was now reaching for all that could  served that theory. Everything pointed to Kamali.

Nodding at the man, she could only see how his blanked face opened for a brief moment to something she could read as a plead, then completely closed again as he nodded back before pulling away to his previous position, not far from Lorelei. It had been seconds, maybe just one, but microexpressions was something Blake had mastered ages ago.

Breathing out she shook herself out of it before looking around in search of  Michaela, with Dimitrio out of the project she was the only one available for what she needed to be done.

When she found her not far away lurking at Kamali, Blake sighed softly wondering what to do with her. Whatever she was up to she knew was far more dangerous than what her best friend did to the young woman.

Feeling someone eyes on her, Lorelei who felt earlier overly sensitive on matter like that, kept her eyes on the artifact she had in her hand looking at it from all angles. She was well aware of the designer inclinations on her, who was she kidding the woman was clearly infatuated. It would have been difficult otherwise if she did not know how much hatred Alicia had for her. Those two were like water and hot oil.